NJT to any willing builder: new EMU's please!

metsfan

Regarding the PL42ACs, EMD took part in it as well. Everything from GM as we know it are pure garbage. I think it was largely EMD's fault for poor performing PL42ACs. Also, Budd was the one that designed the corrugated sides on the Arrow III. This design is similar to the ones on the R16s and R32s. I really look forward for Alstom or Siemens to build the Arrow IVs for their modern day reliability.

Regarding the PL42ACs, EMD took part in it as well. Everything from GM as we know it are pure garbage. I think it was largely EMD's fault for poor performing PL42ACs. Also, Budd was the one that designed the corrugated sides on the Arrow III. This design is similar to the ones on the R16s and R32s. I really look forward for Alstom or Siemens to build the Arrow IVs for their modern day reliability.

EMD only built the engine, everything else is alstom. As far as EMD being crap, i guess you've never seen a train outside of the subway before, because most of the locomotives in the US are EMD or GE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GM-EMD_locomotives

Also, EMD isn't part of or affiliated with GM any longer.

- A

Archived