What happened to R-6 #1000?

R10 2952

I know that during the summer, R-6 1000 made its very first fan trip since being restored, but when the Nostalgia Train ran in December, they never used R6 #1000 as part of the consist. Why was that? One would think that now that they've renovated it, then they would use it on every (or at least most) subsequent fan trips since that first time in the summer. Perhaps it turned out that the car needs some extra work/finishing touches?

I know that during the summer, R-6 1000 made its very first fan trip since being restored, but when the Nostalgia Train ran in December, they never used R6 #1000 as part of the consist. Why was that? One would think that now that they've renovated it, then they would use it on every (or at least most) subsequent fan trips since that first time in the summer. Perhaps it turned out that the car needs some extra work/finishing touches?

If you are referring to the July '08 nostalgia train to Coney Island, 1000 did not run on that consist. Wherever you got that from, it's wrong information.

I hope car 1000 and 1575 will soon go into railfan trip, :)!

Yes, it would be wonderful to finally have a Holiday Nostalgia Train that is the same length as a (C) train. All the times in the past two Decembers that I rode on that train, it was like being on a rush hour (E) in the 1970s or something, lol. Crowding is a serious issue on the Holiday (V).

Archived