NJ transit secures 1.3 billion to refurbish west trenton line

metsfan

NOT!

April fools!

(seriously though how cool would THAT be?:eek:)

- A

Thats a good April Fools right there!:tup:

But there are more important projects ahead of this one like MOM, the Cutoff, then West Trenton. Also Phillipsburg might be ahead of West Trenton, since at least they have thier own ROW if necessary to get there with out having to share with NS. West Trenton service would be a problem for CSX right now, even with all the passing sidings being built in NJ and the new crossovers. The main problem is that right now CSX,NS and NJT trains would meet at grade and CSX wants NJT to use a flyover which they don't want to pay for if the line is to be built.

Thats a good April Fools right there!:tup:

But there are more important projects ahead of this one like MOM, the Cutoff, then West Trenton. Also Phillipsburg might be ahead of West Trenton, since at least they have thier own ROW if necessary to get there with out having to share with NS. West Trenton service would be a problem for CSX right now, even with all the passing sidings being built in NJ and the new crossovers. The main problem is that right now CSX,NS and NJT trains would meet at grade and CSX wants NJT to use a flyover which they don't want to pay for if the line is to be built.

Yea, they need to add a new track, at least make it 2 tracks with 3 tracks here & there for siding.

Phillipsburg nj has a PC lightweight coach sitting right near the bridge.:eek: I wanted to look around more, but we were in a hurry to get home & ended up coming back over to PA & going home that way.

I think they could put an elevated yard near the river north of i78 in nj where there is nothing now. Why elevated? It's near the river. If the yard wasnt there you could put it near route 57 or south of washington street where there is all ready 2 curved tracks.

- A

Archived