ACES in PA and an Arrow III at Trenton 4-17-09

kaback9

Epic shots!

The ALP-44 looks good with Multi-Levels, I wonder why they never pull them in mainline service!

Thank you!

They do! There was a 6 car set recently working South Amboy locals. It was broken up just recently. They also for a while ran 8 car sets with 44's but the last time I saw that was July. I'm sure when the ALP44 O's and E's come back from their rebuild they will have them pulling them for sure.

And to answer the question now the ALP44M's will not be getting rebuilds.

The ALP-44 shouldn't get new paint jobs in purpose to keep their classic schemes, but rather polish them. Their paint schemes really fit when they run with Comet IIMs, Comet IIIs, and Comet IVs. Also, how come the ALP-44Ms aren't getting rebuilt?

The ALP-44 shouldn't get new paint jobs in purpose to keep their classic schemes, but rather polish them. Their paint schemes really fit when they run with Comet IIMs, Comet IIIs, and Comet IVs. Also, how come the ALP-44Ms aren't getting rebuilt?

They may get new scheme, or simply a new coat of enamel. Their pant looks so bad right now.

- A

One, no one knows what paint they will get, there are two geeps that recently went out for work, if they come back in another scheme then I guess its safe to say the 44's will be getting a new paint job as well.

Two, the M's are newer no reason to rebuild them, also it costs alot of money to rebuild 30 something units, remember Amtrak did not rebuild all their AEM7's.

Archived