What are your views on the CT trainsit system?

NewJerseyT

In my eyes since I live in the same state as it,and since I only live a couple miles away from the nearest line that comes out of New Haven,I do have to say that CT has one of the WORST public transportation systems around.The governer Jodi rell has made dozens of so called improvemnts bull****.And for the people who have lived here for the longest time,espicelly in the major cities like New Haven,New London and Hartford.. say that these cities should have subways.....which I agree 100%

Thats my view I will love to here yours:D

P.S.Sorry for the miss spelt words etc...I have a sprained finger:o

As for the buses, how about Stamford area. When I have gone there I have seen alot of buses, in service. Is service better there? I did apply to work for the I-Bus at the Stamford garage. That was about 7 years ago, though. They had MCI Classics on that route then, before the New Flyers were put on there.

As for the subway, it depends on the actual size of those cities, and how close they are to other fair size cities. I live in Yonkers a city of 197,000 + or -. I would like a subway here, due to the fact that there are other large cities here in Westchester that are relatively close to each other. Yonkers in New York's 4th largest city, New Rochelle is the 7th, and Mt.Vernon the 8th. Maybe then Southern Westchester would grow even more, mimicking NYC. It won't happen due to the fact that we are not a tight 1 million + population. Our near 1 million population is too spread out across the entire county. Subways are built to service a HUGE Metropolis area.

But then again Newark, N.J does have a small subway, so it might be worth considering.

All very good points,but 1 problem that I can think of is New Haven and Hartford being so old who knows what the heck they would find if they were to strt digging to make the tunnels for the subways.And new haven has a population of roughly 123,626. But the subway would relive all the damn congestion on those streets,and more than half are buses! I was at my moms doctor in New Haven and I decided to sit outside in the car(doors locked not a nice city if u know what I mean) and I clocked over 35 buses passing 1 intersectin within 30 mins. And most of them seemed to come in waves of 3-4 at a time it was ridicoulous. And as for the stamford area I would have no clue,I have never been there,but the governer herself and all the rest of the politicians siad that this transportation system is chaos. If you live towards Rhode Island such as old lyme and you have to commute to new haven it is impossible! You have 2 options drive, or drive to New London or old saybrook to hope on an amtrak train which costs a small fortune.There is no commuter rail service there is no bus, nothin! However I do give Dattco and + because they are trying to expand there service that goes from New Haven to madison CT To New london.

If you want to get around on weekends forget about,the state is shut down on weekends for the most part,the SLE doesn't run now Dattco bus. So if you live outside of major cities your screwed.

Wow thats to most I've ever written LOL

Dropped off groups at Yale University, and some other colleges, and sat with the coach bus on that street where the news building is (NBC, IIIRC). The train station was across the street from it. Night fell and the "undesirables", started showing up, and walking the area. I wasn't afraid though, since I grew up in the slums for 20 years. I think the street was State St.

Yes i think it was you were near union station in new haven the projects are across the street for some reason(not sure if im thinking right):confused: I havn't grown up in those areas myself..... also if you lived here and heard how many killings there were each day I think that would change.P.S. sorry for bad spelling etc,I have a sprained finger and its a PIA to type.

It makes sense since that is where they were coming from. Across the bridge that goes over the tracks. There is a train yard there (New Haven). It reminds me of "don't go on the other side of the tracks". I would have though if a cute ghetto chick would of invited me over to the other side. The bus would of stayed where it was though.

Archived