iPhone/iPod Touch & transit

metsfan

So, do you have a Touch or iPhone? If so what transit related apps do you have on it? I have iTrans and some other stuff.

I also found a game that simulates the problems of a dispatcher in the form of a puzzle where you have to move dots to get a train to the proper station, the dots are colored and they can only run on lines of the same color. It's called Subway Lite & is free.

- A

I got iTrans and I think it's totally worth the couple $, also I usually bookmark my LIRR schedule page or just leave it open in safari so I can quickly view it without wi-fi.

I might try subway lite, there's so many games for the iphone/touch, it's sometimes hard to find stuff like that.

iTransNYC is definitely the best app and I use it everyday. The service advisories and alerts are extremely useful as is being able to get the schedule for every single stop in the system (the times are exact about 70% of the time). I just wish iTransNYC would add LIRR and Metro North maps to the app. I have NYCSubways but the maps aren't very good for the subway or LIRR and Metro North. KICKMap is a little better, it has a day and night subway map (reflects all the changes to nighttime service) which is cool to see as well as all the neighborhoods in each borough.

iTransNYC is definitely the best app and I use it everyday. The service advisories and alerts are extremely useful as is being able to get the schedule for every single stop in the system (the times are exact about 70% of the time). I just wish iTransNYC would add LIRR and Metro North maps to the app. I have NYCSubways but the maps aren't very good for the subway or LIRR and Metro North. KICKMap is a little better, it has a day and night subway map (reflects all the changes to nighttime service) which is cool to see as well as all the neighborhoods in each borough.

Yeah, the service advisories on iTrans have been a lifesaver for me a few times. (Or got me prepared to wait for a shuttle-bus.) Great app.

Archived