NYCT Bus: M15 Local Bus/+SelectBusService Action: 5 Years Later

TransitJusticeForAll

5 years ago on October 10th, 2010, M15+SelectBusService made its debut in New York City as the 2nd +SBS Bus route as it made its transition from M15 Limited. Buses operated on Novabus LFSA (#s1248, 1263, & 1270) and New Flyer D60HF-Illuminated(#s 5720 & 5692). All service served South Ferry, Houston Street, and East Harlem-125th Street. Also featurimg Prevost Car X3-45 #2586 X10 Bus on 2nd Avenue and East 56th Street.

Enjoy.

Subscribe to my channel for more transit content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSpoZ7QqLU0

How are we defining making a difference? Also I haven't heard many positive comments on the B44 Select on this board. How is that route performing on a day to day?

Ive used the S79 countless times the trip is faster... hands down  and I can say the same thing for the Bx12 White Plans Road to Pelham Bay so the difference is there. The B44 SBS wasn't positive at all.. The fastest part of the route is from the Williamsburg to Eastern Parkway ive use that route from time to time to St Johns Place and walk the 6 blocks or take the :bus_bullet_b45:  if it's coming to Washington ave. The :bus_bullet_b48: which is closer to me from Williamsburg is slow as heck.  Anything south of Eastern Pway forget about it. Double parked cars between Flatbush and Kings Highway was a crawl. I dont know whats going on with SBS B44.. 

Lets see how the Q44 sbs will be....Stuphin Blvd and Archer Ave is always a mess then along Main st from Northern Blvd to Booth Memorial is full of double park cars and trucks making deliveries. I see they started painting the bus lanes and adding the sbs machines.   

Lets see how the Q44 sbs will be....Stuphin Blvd and Archer Ave is always a mess then along Main st from Northern Blvd to Booth Memorial is full of double park cars and trucks making deliveries. I see they started painting the bus lanes and adding the sbs machines.   

Looks like the Q44 SBS is going to beat the B46.

After riding the B44 SBS to Ave U today.. I feel like the only two routes making a difference is the S79 and Bx12... I might give the Bx41 a pass. And the M60 is okay. Im wondering how the B46 will fair.

B44SBS+ sucks.. I do agree with you the fastest part of the route is from Williamsburg to Eastern Parkway (southbound) and I can say the same vice-versa. Northbound fastest part is Fulton Street to Washington Plaza.

Bad part is the B46SBS+ is not going to the bridge. Honestly, I feel there is a way that you can have the 46 go to the Bridge by avoiding Broadway for a good portion of the route.

B44SBS+ sucks.. I do agree with you the fastest part of the route is from Williamsburg to Eastern Parkway (southbound) and I can say the same vice-versa. Northbound fastest part is Fulton Street to Washington Plaza.

Bad part is the B46SBS+ is not going to the bridge. Honestly, I feel there is a way that you can have the 46 go to the Bridge by avoiding Broadway for a good portion of the route.

Yep Bedford is a fast ride up.. Indeed the B46 north of Eastern Pkway on the flip side is where the problem is going to be.. Reid/Malcolm X and the northern end of Utica is super narrow Id love to see how this works out. But getting the B46 SBS to Willamsburg seems like a Lafayette / DeKalb to/from Bedford, Nostrand / Lee Ave's then a shared route with the SBS B44 don't know if the ridership warrants it tho. 

Archived