A Mistake G/O (5) Train sign @ West Farms

mark1447

ok I saw this as West Farms Station a few times this week, and I decided to take a pic:

S7302905.jpg

S7302906.jpg

My question to you:

How the hell is the (5) Dyre avenue bound train gonna stop in the Manhattan Bound Track from Dyre to Bowling Green> Since there is manhattan bound (2)(5)s running And its a Midday General Order..

As always a mistaken by a worker.. Do they mean within the Dyre Branch? If soo they should os posted it there or let people know where it is..

I would think, and assume ( I would rather HOPE lol ) they mean the Dyre Av-Branch between East 180 St and Eastchester-Dyre..

Yeah true. But i dont see a pont of posting it anywhere south of E180th, or at least Morris Park

Yeah true. But i dont see a pont of posting it anywhere south of E180th, or at least Morris Park

Perhaps to inform straphangers at the southern tip of the line, along with southern points below the designated section, what to be prepared for and what will take place. Who knows?....:confused:

Yeah but they should tell the passangers at what station, becuz who knows which station they are on about(Of course dyre branch like Zach said). A passanger would think its as West Farms which is not..

Yeah but they should tell the passangers at what station, becuz who knows which station they are on about(Of course dyre branch like Zach said). A passanger would think its as West Farms which is not..

Well, like we settled earlier, 1) It should be between the correct stops, and 2.) It can display the stops affected. however, if it was placed in the designated G.O. section only, then it would should be displayed only the opposite affected track at those afftected stations...

(ie... When the (Q) wrong-rails, late nights between Prospect Park and Atlatnic Av ( because its divided in 2 parts; 57 St-Pacific St (N), and Atlantic-Stillwell via Brighton ), there are G.O. poster like the one above stating: "Coney Island-Bound Trains stop at the Manhattan-Bound Track" Meaning, between Atlantic Av and Prospect Park, that track is running in both directions. Now this G.O. (Q) poster would be hanging along the Coney Island - Bound Track between Atlantic Av or 7 Av, and Prospect Park...

So In essence, if the poster was placed just between Dyre Av & East 180 St, there should be no confusion, whatsoever, if it was placed along the Dyre Av Bound Track...:cool:

Let me add one more thing... It can be displayed on both tracks to assist the customers one last time, that Trains are running on the same track in both directions...

When I was heading to first Bx12+SBS on June 28th, 2008 on Sunday, (5) was (S) due to G.O. It only run single train on Dyre Av branch leaving from uptown local track at E. 180th Stto Dyre Av. I don't know about return trip.

Now, they use center track as (5) G.O. (S).

Archived