What MNR Station require to certain cars?

FamousNYLover

I have taken MNRR before but I forgot what stations that require to change cars?

Thank you for your help.

Do you mean transfer from one train to another train to go to a certain point?

Now I think what you are talking about since you asked that question in other threads.

Harlem-125th Street is a major transfer for different lines (Hudson, Harlem or New Haven Line) depending where you are going

On the Hudson Line:

Croton-Harmon for the diesel train to Poughkeepsie or Amtrak to Upstate, New York

On the Harlem Line:

Harlem-125th Street for the Southeast Express train

North White Plains for the Wassaic train (diesel)

Well i can speak of the stations on the Hudson Line because i used to travel on it 3 times a week last year

From Harlem-125 Street Station to Croton Harmon Station,station platforms vary from 4 to 10 car long,More 10 car long platforms then 4 car long.

Diesel territory passed Croton Harmon Station platforms are 6 cars long

Cortlandt,Peekskill,Garrison,Cold Spring,Beacon,New Hamburg and Poughkipsee Stations are all 6 car long,long diesel trains cannot platform meaning that if you sit in the last car or two you would have to walk up and exit

Manitou and Break Neck Ridge Stations are low level platforms and only half a car long

very low use stations as they are mostly flag stop stations and hikers and campers usually use them during weekdays

Well i can speak of the stations on the Hudson Line because i used to travel on it 3 times a week last year

From Harlem-125 Street Station to Croton Harmon Station,station platforms vary from 4 to 10 car long,More 10 car long platforms then 4 car long.

Diesel territory passed Croton Harmon Station platforms are 6 cars long

Cortlandt,Peekskill,Garrison,Cold Spring,Beacon,New Hamburg and Poughkipsee Stations are all 6 car long,long diesel trains cannot platform meaning that if you sit in the last car or two you would have to walk up and exit

Manitou and Break Neck Ridge Stations are low level platforms and only half a car long

very low use stations as they are mostly flag stop stations and hikers and campers usually use them during weekdays

Just some minor corrections bro on what you said for someone who does live near this line.

1)"Poughkipsee" Correct spelling Poughkeepsie.

2)Manitou/Break Neck Ridge use on the weekends only not weekdays on couple of trips.

On all other points you are correct.:tup:

On the Harlem Line:

Harlem-125th Street for the Southeast Express train

North White Plains for the Wassaic train (diesel)

Additionally, if you get on a train on a station below White Plains, you need to transfer @ WP to get to a station north of WP. There are also some connecting trains @ Southeast to go north of there.

Another weekend only station is Mount Pleasant on the Harlem Line. It's a 1/2 car platform.

It depends on the length of the train, I don't know what the normal train lengths are. Here's the platform lengths:

Harlem/125 St. - 10

Morris Heights-Marble Hill - 4

Spuyten Duyvil - Track 1 has 8 cars, the remainder have 4 cars

Riverdale-Scarborough - 8 cars, except Tarrytown and Yonkers with 10 cars

Ossining-Croton - 10 cars

North of Croton is 6 cars, except Breackneck Ridge and Manitou, with one door

Melrose-Tremont - 4

Fordham-Botanical Garden - 8

Williams Bridge-Wakefield - 4

Mount Vernon West-Fleetwood - 12, except Scarsdale Track 2 with 11 cars

White Plains - 10

North White Plains -12

Valhalla- 6

Hawthorne-Southeast - 8, except Pleasantville/Bedford Hills with 6 and Croton Falls/Brewster with 4 and Mt. Pleansant with one door

North of Southeast is 4, except Tenmile River with 2 and Appalachian Trail with one door

Mount Vernon East-Greenwich - 10, except New Rochelle Track 1 with 9

Cos Cob-Old Greenwich - 6

Stamford - Tracks 2 and 3 are 12 cars, Tracks 4 and 5 are 10 cars

Noroton Heights-Darien - 10

Rowayaton - 6

South Norwalk - Tracks 3 and 4 are 10 cars, Track 5 is 3 cars, Track 6 is 2 cars

East Norwalk - 4

Westport - 10

Green's Farms - 6

Southport - 4

Fairfield - 6

Bridgeport - 8

Stratford - 4

Milford - Track 1 is 4 cars, Track 4 is 10 cars

New Haven - 9

State St. - 3

New Cannan Branch is all 4 cars, except New Cannan with 5

Merrit-7 - 7

Wilton - 4

Cannondale - 2

Branchville - 3

Redding - 2

Bethel - 5

Danbury -3

Derby-Shelton - 3

Ansonia-Naugatuck - 1 door

Waterbury- 1.5

Pearl River - 4

Nanuet - 7

Spring Valley - 6

Suffern - 5

Sloatsburg - 2

Tuxedo - 4

Harriman - 6

Salisbury Mills/Cornwall - 5

Campbell Hall - 5

Middletown/Town of Wallkill - 8

Otisville - 2

Port Jervis - 9

Additionally, if you get on a train on a station below White Plains, you need to transfer @ WP to get to a station north of WP. There are also some connecting trains @ Southeast to go north of there.

Another weekend only station is Mount Pleasant on the Harlem Line. It's a 1/2 car platform.

Actually the last Harlem line trains of the night ie the Northbound/SE-bound 153am from GCT and the 1213 GCT Bound(southbound trains)from Southeast make all stops but bypass most of the Bronx stations except for Fordham.

Actually the last Harlem line trains of the night ie the Northbound/SE-bound 153am from GCT and the 1213 GCT Bound(southbound trains)from Southeast make all stops but bypass most of the Bronx stations except for Fordham.

Yes, you're right. The 602 and 603 (both weekday runs) are the exceptions, as are the weekend 9600, 9605 ,9607, 9676 and 9603.

Archived