Wire problems affecting service to EWR

metsfan

Sep 02, 2009 09:29:07 PM

NORTHEAST CORRIDOR and NORTH JERSEY COAST LINE eastbound service is subject to 10-15 minute delays between Rahway and Newark Penn Station due to overhead wire problems. Eastbound trains will not stop at Newark International Airport. Airport customers should travel to Newark Penn Station for westbound service to the airport. Customers at NIA seeking to travel east must board a westbound train and transfer to an eastbound train.

-------------------------------------------------------

Wow, that sucks, i wonder what happened.

- A

A 3-13: Trees and wire contact. I buzz up my friend whose works the NEC. He texted me saying Tree and wire contact just a mile north of North Elizabeth. They had to shut the power of for a second so they can remove it. This are now riding on or close to schedule.

Another problem on Amtrak territory.

A tree is not a problem Amtrak can be blamed for. You don't know how many downed trees eff up the M&E every year when there is a storm or its just a weak branch and falls on to the line. This is just something that happens on a row with Catenary, in fact it happens on a row with out Cat.

NEC and NJC customers should expect possible delays of 20-30 minutes through Elizabeth during the AM peak period due to overhead wire repairs.

Sent: 6:25 AM

Man these poor guys can't catch a break sometimes.

- A

A tree is not a problem Amtrak can be blamed for. You don't know how many downed trees eff up the M&E every year when there is a storm or its just a weak branch and falls on to the line. This is just something that happens on a row with Catenary, in fact it happens on a row with out Cat.

No, but these problems seem to occur more along the NEC. After all, there weren't any strong winds or rain yesterday.

Partially resolved, low platform stops at these 2 stations till wire work is completed.

Note: I did see the wire train & folks working up top on my 7:07 from NYP. The location is the upper embankment tracks near Bud interlocking just west of the airport but before north elizabeth. Since there is no interlocking there, local & express trains would not have been able to both use the upper tracks, my train in the morning used the inner eastbound express track, newly in operation since tie work.

Side note: Tie replacement is ahead of schedule.

- A

Archived