Bus #708 (WHOO!!!)

Fresh Pond

Ok after about a year of searching, I finnally found #708. If you don't know why is it so important for it to have its own thread (lol), its cuz 708 is the ONLY Orion V out of all of them (both diesel & CNG) to have overhead luggage racks. As I write this thread, I'm sittin on the Q67 right now on said bus. Here is my little analysis of it...

1. Its like any other Orion V with the soft seats (except for the rack lol)

2. The pull chord is about 8" to 10" lower than on the other ones.

3. It looks like it has little lights directly under the rack (unfortunately, its off right now)

4. The only places where there is no rack is above the first seats up front, the wheelchair seats, and the very last seats.

I will post pics up soon...

...side note: they should have a NYCTF mobile lol

Similar to the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo?

Here is a picture byTrevor Logan:

Command_Orion_Interior.jpg

That bus was originally from Command and the fleet number was 4932 (picture by Robert McConnell:

4932.jpg

However, it is NOT the only Orion V with luggage racks. New York Bus Service had 4 Orion Vs with luggage racks, but transferred them over to Green Lines. Before the takeover, they were numbered 719-722. picture by Trevor Logan:

Green_Orion_99S-Interior.jpg

Those are some great pics...the red and blue colors make me dizzy...I heard. Jfk depot are putting red and blue seats on most of orion v fleets that have been tore up (seat wise.....z0 I'm not a big fam of thoses seats....I feel they should make a trip to the graveyard and take those blue seatsfrom those rts orion v from long island bus.....I don't know if that's a dumd idea but it save the money lol....

(J)(F)(K)..(JFK)...

Similar to the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo?

Here is a picture byTrevor Logan:

Command_Orion_Interior.jpg

That bus was originally from Command and the fleet number was 4932 (picture by Robert McConnell:

4932.jpg

However, it is NOT the only Orion V with luggage racks. New York Bus Service had 4 Orion Vs with luggage racks, but transferred them over to Green Lines. Before the takeover, they were numbered 719-722. picture by Trevor Logan:

Green_Orion_99S-Interior.jpg

Do they still have those racks?

Ok after about a year of searching, I finnally found #708. If you don't know why is it so important for it to have its own thread (lol), its cuz 708 is the ONLY Orion V out of all of them (both diesel & CNG) to have overhead luggage racks. As I write this thread, I'm sittin on the Q67 right now on said bus. Here is my little analysis of it...

1. Its like any other Orion V with the soft seats (except for the rack lol)

2. The pull chord is about 8" to 10" lower than on the other ones.

3. It looks like it has little lights directly under the rack (unfortunately, its off right now)

4. The only places where there is no rack is above the first seats up front, the wheelchair seats, and the very last seats.

I will post pics up soon...

Interesting find, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived