Transit Police are out and not playing.

MichaelEspinal

Although it is the rule [do not cross between trains], shouldn't they technically let you off the hook because you were from out of state?

I wouldn't know, I would believe they could have, at the same time since I presented them with a FL Drivers license and not a NY drivers license (Which constitutes a different approach to ticketing me) I think they were more or less forced to write the violation.

It used to be that TD officers would not ticket out of state residents (aside from CT, NJ, and PA) for minor things. This would also depend on the location too. Remember though, you are in a cash strapped city, if you can be ticketed you will be.

I wouldn't know, I would believe they could have, at the same time since I presented them with a FL Drivers license and not a NY drivers license (Which constitutes a different approach to ticketing me) I think they were more or less forced to write the violation.

They were not forced to do anything, I know people who the police let go for worse infractions. They just wanted a collar so they can fill their quota. The police do these types of things to keep the system profitable. They do it to make money for the courts and to keep their numbers up. They dont care about your safety, they care about numbers.

Its like when cops give you a $175 ticket for driving YOUR car without a seatbelt on. It has nothing to do with safety. Who are you going to injure while driving without a seatbelt? Only yourself if anything happens. You are a free individual who is responsible for your own actions, theres no real law saying you have to drive with your seatbelt on and I know for a fact if you know the law and how to work with it you can file a motion to dismiss seat belt tickets and most of the times they will get thrown out. If you really want to fight it, do some research or talk to people who are knowledgable in the law field and file a motion to dismiss the charge/fine.

They did not make a collar, if they did the OP would be sitting in the Tombs instead of writing this.

im sure they still searched the guy in handcuffs, to me thats a collar whether they bring him to central booking or not, they now have your name in the system for that bologna infraction. These are NOT laws the police are enforcing, they are just codes/statutes that are completely different. Its just a way for the city to seperate you from your MONEY!$$$

It used to be that TD officers would not ticket out of state residents (aside from CT, NJ, and PA) for minor things. This would also depend on the location too. Remember though, you are in a cash strapped city, if you can be ticketed you will be.

That is true, but I would think when he fights the ticket, this might be thrown out because he is an out of state resident and it is his first offense. Ie: given a warning.

im sure they still searched the guy in handcuffs, to me thats a collar whether they bring him to central booking or not, they now have your name in the system for that bologna infraction. These are NOT laws the police are enforcing, they are just codes/statutes that are completely different. Its just a way for the city to seperate you from your MONEY!$$$

Be careful how you word what you are saying. A statue is written law.

Be careful how you word what you are saying. A statue is written law.

You are wrong and thats why you have been summoned. A statute is NOT law. Certain statues do become a law but thats totally different. You were not citied for an infraction of the law.

"It is important to realise that a statute in and of itself is not a law de jure but merely de facto."

You are wrong and thats why you have been summoned. A statute is NOT law. Certain statues do become a law but thats totally different. You were not citied for an infraction of the law.

"It is important to realise that a statute in and of itself is not a law de jure but merely de facto."

Are you serious?...open a dictionary my friend...

Statute -

Law. An enactment made by a legislature and expressed in a formal document.

Are you serious?...open a dictionary my friend...

Statute -

Law. An enactment made by a legislature and expressed in a formal document.

Dude I have a real dictionary,. Blacks Law is THE LEGAL dictionary of American Law.

Heres something to read but im not quoting it from Blacks Law...

A statute is a formal written enactment of a legislative authority that governs a country, state, city, or county. Typically, statutes command or prohibit something, or declare policy. The word is often used to distinguish law made by legislative bodies from case law and the regulations issued by Government agencies Statutes are sometimes referred to as legislation or "black letter law". As a source of law, statutes are considered primary authority (as opposed to secondary authority).

Before a statute becomes law in some countries, it must be agreed upon by the highest executive in the government, and finally published as part of a code. In many countries, statutes are organized in topical arrangements (or "codified") within publications called codes, such as the United States Code. In the United States, statutory law is distinguished from and subordinate to constitutional law.

It is important to realise that a statute in and of itself is not a law de jure but merely de facto It is a legislated rule of a society which has been given the force of law, by consent of the governed. There is speculation as to whether consent of the governed is given by the democratic process, or whether it is required in each individual case—such as by contracting with courts or police officers, whether directly or indirectly.

Woah wait a second...you own a dictionary but you quote from Wikipedia,

:tup:

I think I'm done with that debate, back to the original conversation..

Penal statutes are those which order or prohibit a thing under a certain penalty.

Id rather cut and paste than type out paragrahps from Blacks Law dictionary.

Good luck with paying $75 for a penal statute.

Archived