SEPTA worker struck and killed by train

Harry

Hundreds of commuters were stranded at a regional rail station Thursday after service was suspended when a worker was struck and killed on the tracks, creating further havoc on the system already crippled by a transit strike.

The train was inbound from the city's northern suburbs when it struck the worker shortly after 9:30 a.m., Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority officials said. More than 625 people on the train were stranded at the Melrose Park station as three of 13 regional lines have had to be shut down, SEPTA spokeswoman Jerri Williams said.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=resources/traffic&id=7102019

post-1-133288581127_thumb.jpg

post-1-133288581127_thumb.jpg

Sports teams losing is really not on the same level as a transit worker getting hit by a train causing massive delays and service suspensions.

I heard about this up at hoboken terminal when i was photo-ing.

Need to read the full coverage, but yea, i'm just glad regional rail is running at all, or stuff would be worse.

Thoughts are with friends family & co-workers of the departed. :cry:

Edit: Looks like they had to shut down the R2 warminster, R5 doylestown, and R3 west trenton lines, and early terminate the R1 at wayne jct. That is a -lot- of people stuck with no service, or stuck in a train behind the incident.......

- A

This becoming really f**ked up! SEPTA is falling apart. This strike should be over and done with by now what the hell is taking so long? First the strike, then a fire now this bulls**t? I smell riots!

I smelled riots before the strike because i am one of the pissed off folks that is in it.

I HATE WILLIE BROWN!!!

Archived