Station Pedestrian Crossovers

Brighton Local

For years now, the West End Line-9 Av (D)(M) Station "Pedestrian" Overpass at the front of the platform facing north, has been mind-boggling me whether or not NON-Transit employees may use it to cross. When I use the West End to photograph, or just use 9th Avenue as a turnaround point, ive always if regular passengers can put that overpass to use.

Also, the same thing for the Sea Beach Line - Gravesend-86 St (N) Station.

*I would love to use these 2 spots for photography.*

I remember in the 80s and early possibly the 90s when it used to be accessible. We used to use it to cross over all the time. They should re-open it for pedestrian use. Knowing that the MTA would really like to ban photography in the system I really see that not happening anytime soon.

I remember in the 80s and early possibly the 90s when it used to be accessible. We used to use it to cross over all the time. They should re-open it for pedestrian use. Knowing that the MTA would really like to ban photography in the system I really see that not happening anytime soon.

Really, you used to use the overpass? I have yet to cross it:rolleyes:

I definitely know for a fact that the 9 Avenue crossover is not closed off though. For years now, I have never seen a chain or a blockade preventing pedestrians from using the overpass.

Really, you used to use the overpass? I have yet to cross it:rolleyes:

I definitely know for a fact that the 9 Avenue crossover is not closed off though. For years now, I have never seen a chain or a blockade preventing pedestrians from using the overpass.

I have not been at 9 Avenue station in about 10 years so I don't know. If its not closed off then use it. If someone says something simply apologize and walk off. I've seen many photographers during the early 90s in my high school days using it.

Archived