Are the O5 starting to have cords inside of them?

Kingsbridge Bus

So is every new bus going to be given the cord?

New buses are getting cords except express buses also the Orion VII NG CNG for LIB.

Are the other buses like the O7OG getting these in the near future?:confused:

MTA is stated that they are going to retrofit other buses but due to the budget and economy problem it is uncertain.

Orion Vs are starting to be retrofitted with cords, removing the tape as a result. I see a handful of them on the S79...that is, if I catch one. I remember hearing something about them being "cheap" to maintain and install.

The cords are 4X cheaper to maintain than the tape, from an article I read on Buschat. They are also strong material, so vandalism shouldn't be a big problem. The buses that have had pull cords from the start aren't having problems.

I read that tapes cost $1087 to install per bus,

while cords cost $300 to install per bus.

Yesterday morning, I caught 67X on the Bx35. There was a sign up that said, "Stop button not working". Because of this, the bus was extremely late. The B/o planned to have an extremely crowded bus so that he knew that he could stop at every stop. The B/o was Indian & didn't know much english.

The tape is not the only problem I have. I once was on 9845 on the Bx36 local. Everytime I pulled the cord, it erased my stop request. The B/o had to drop me between stops in Manhattan. Hard to believe but that was my first ride on an O5CNG

Archived