Going back in time...

Joe

I shot these a while ago, yet at the time I wasn't quite sure how to "save" them. They weren't particularly good straight out of the camera, but with a little Camera Raw skills they have returned to life.

4171883139_d9363beda2_b.jpg

4172564808_2c6bef197d_b.jpg

4171801065_b91f1b29ac_b.jpg

4171796989_d9a43eeec2_b.jpg

The first one has a strange perspective issue that I just can't fix for whatever reason. I've played with the Lens Correction filter ad nauseum and it still appears to be off just a bit. The shot of Hoboken Terminal has some noise thing going on that perplexes me as well. Considering the photo was shot at ISO 100, there should be no noise at all. Oh well, I might end up taking all of these down.

I love them all:tup:

Thanks Curtis. :cool:

These are some brilliant photos, the one with the statue looks like it's a frame ripped out of some action-thriller movie set in New York City!

I should definitely dabble into photography at college sometime!

Heh, that happens to be one of my favorite attractions in this city. It's a bit of a tourist hotspot in itself, being on Fifth Avenue right across from St. Patrick's Cathedral. Lucky for us, waiting till the night to shoot was very beneficial: being out at 1:25a allowed us to set the tripod up right on the sidewalk without impeding any pedestrian traffic. The cop in his scooter across the street also did not mind our shooting as well.

Thanks Phil. From what i've seen/heard/witnessed from friends of mine who do take photo classes at QC...they're very structured. Prof. tells you to go out and find specific things...**** that shit. I'm not even sure I could pass a photo class, heh.

If you get a chance to take the class, give it a shot. There's nothing to lose in terms of knowing things...everyone can always learn something new. I haven't even been able to get into any of the photo classes, by the time us lowly sophomores registered for spring 2010 semester, all those classes were closed. Bastards.

Nice shots there!

In regards to photography classes, I'm probably debating myself if I should enroll in something similar myself. I enjoy taking pictures, and even more so when I got my camera a few months ago. This may be something I have to debate.

And nice shots again! :cool:

Heh, I've been so stressed from all these classes I have to take for my major, I dunno if I can afford to spare some credits for such a class though :P

What's your major? I don't know how it is in your school but over here at Queens they have a large set of requirements that you've got to fulfill...i'm 99% sure I have to take some class in the arts at some point in order to graduate.

One word:

EXCELLENT!

Thanks Mark!

Nice shots there!

In regards to photography classes, I'm probably debating myself if I should enroll in something similar myself. I enjoy taking pictures, and even more so when I got my camera a few months ago. This may be something I have to debate.

And nice shots again! :cool:

Thanks LRG. Like I told GC, they are a good idea if you're just starting out. Even if you already know a few things it never hurts to take a class anyway...there's no danger in knowing too much heh heh. If your school offers a few classes, i'd definitely suggest taking them.

Thanks LRG. Like I told GC, they are a good idea if you're just starting out. Even if you already know a few things it never hurts to take a class anyway...there's no danger in knowing too much heh heh. If your school offers a few classes, i'd definitely suggest taking them.

I'll definitely look into that for next semester then. :cool:

Archived