Your Name: Origin and Pronunciation?

CenSin

How did the name "Princelex" come about?

The 1st half = Prince: The first NYC subway website that I joined was Riders Diaries in 2004 and created I the name "Princelex" because I was here on vacation from the military and I saw Prince perform in NYC at MSG for the Musicology tour. I've been a big Prince fan since I was 5 (Im 30 now) and he's one of the very few artists from my childhood that I am still a huge fan of (hell look at my signature lol). Over the years, he's became my favorite singer/musician and it's been a trip being a fan of his. I never used his name as a handle name for any website that I was a member of and I was on such a high from that concert at MSG, I just had to use his name in my username. When I joined NYCTF, I decided to carry that name over to this site.

The 2nd half = Lex: I love the Lexington Av Line. I love that as the only line representing the east side of Manhattan, it is able to run the way that it does. Plus, I've always loved the (4) trains since I was little. My mom told me years ago that it was the first line I ever rode on with her as an infant. I remember it from the graffiti era, to the R62 and Redbird era, and now with the R142/A era and it still rocks! I also love the (6) line and now that I am in Co-Op City, I have an appreciation and love for the (6) that I didn't have before. I also love and appreciate the (5) more as well thanks to living in Co-Op.

So there you have it, the origin of Princelex.

Archived