Bushwick Branch

Dan

Yesterday, I headed over to the Bushwick branch to take some shots and see what was over there. I got some shots of the rolling stock over there but nothing moving. It was also about 10 degrees, so I only stayed for a few minutes.

4227466657_13ff364b0e_b.jpg

4227466077_63d73919c3_b.jpg

4227467899_617889f16d_b.jpg]

4228237392_648bcf90d9_b.jpg

Nice shots!

As of 11/15/2009, crossing flashers were under construction on two major road/rail grade crossings on the Bushwick Branch. I have no idea whether they will move to the smaller crossings on the branch. If anyone does go there for photography, please get some status photos at as many crossings as possible.

I can keep you guys posted on that. I am going to go back there for couple more shots soon, and take a look at the rest of the branch. I could only deal with the bitter cold for a matter of minutes when I shot these.

The Bay Ridge branch out around East New York is very cool too.

Dan- Great shots.

You ever been in the ENY tunnel (the one that runs from Atlantic & Van Sinderen to somewhere north)? Not that I would ever go in there without a flamethrower and .357...

You ever been in the ENY tunnel (the one that runs from Atlantic & Van Sinderen to somewhere north)? Not that I would ever go in there without a flamethrower and .357...

Been there done that. A few years ago they gave a tour of the tunnel so don't anyone on here bother me with questions like "how did you get in there?"

They used to do things like that all the time. Now they really don't do much. Hell the ERA used to do fan trips several times a year in the 70's but now the (MTA) tries to bend them over when they want to charter a train.

You really think some of them would object to that?

Some of them would love it, although there are a few ok guys there... a very select few.

Yeah, the pic was from the late 90's I want to say. They had GP38's hauling it!

I know they have done 1 or 2, I think they ran them through NY&A.

Archived