R160 sighting at Lefferts

Lefferts Blvd X

The B is a part time line. The W is too, but the W shares the northern terminal with the N and it was just better off making the W R160s as well than to manually change the signs. The Q is not all R160s, I still see a good number of R68/As.

Again as I said above, the 3 is a part time line - that's why it made no sense to give the 3 R142s. R62s were 20years old and were a better fit for the 3 as it wasn't as demanding as the 4 line.

Aside from the V and C train, that idea is basically dead. The R68As are less than 20 years old and they are already serving as part-time trains. I seriously don't know how the R46s are still rumbling the Brighton homes, but they should run on the B train in place of the R40s as the R gets the R68As.

And no to the latter. Bloomberg covered his thing up by rebutting that the Lexington needs more room. Since this serves up relatively well, the straphangers simply go along with it.

They're serving as part-time trains because they are the only other fleet out of Coney Island other than the R160s. They have already been through half their life, and there are newer trains with less mileage so it makes sense to run them on the routes that have more mileage. No politics involved.

Phil's statement about the (3)(4) is the reason why the (4) got R142s. As I said before, Bloomberg rides the (6), not the (4). The (4) is more crowded and demanding than the (3) which is why the (4) got R142s. Lexington Ave. also needed the wider doors on the R142s than the (3) did. It's NOT because of politics.

Archived