Diamond crossover degree question

LRG

Switches go by number, not radius or degree. Ex- No.6 switch.

Well I was asking by the degree since model railroads describe them as such (e.g. a 90 degree crossover would be tracks that cross perpendicular to each other) but I thought I'd be best asking here.

Well I was asking by the degree since model railroads describe them as such (e.g. a 90 degree crossover would be tracks that cross perpendicular to each other) but I thought I'd be best asking here.

I don't know off hand, but I can easily get the info during the week. Most model railroad switches also go by number like 4, 6, 8, and so on. If you are trying to make a diamond like the TA uses, you wont be able to make one. I have on though and will post a photo shortly.

I don't know off hand, but I can easily get the info during the week. Most model railroad switches also go by number like 4, 6, 8, and so on. If you are trying to make a diamond like the TA uses, you wont be able to make one. I have on though and will post a photo shortly.

Okay, thanks.

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

This is a No. 6 double crossover. If you try to make one useing common track parts, the parallel tracks will be very far apart.

Interesting, thanks for posting those. Would such a switch have to be custom-ordered? It's a shame that they don't sell a crossover like that as an entirety. And yeah, I kinda figured that using the track pieces that the hoppy shops supplied wouldn't work so well either.

It's a custome piece, I think it was a limited run or something like that. I don't know what I'll use it for but I have 5 R17s that need track to run on.

1. Is that HO scale track or O scale?

2. You're into model railroading too? Cool, I'm gonna kickstart my model railroading collection sometime in Spring (cuz I need the money to do so :cool:).

1. Is that HO scale track or O scale?

2. You're into model railroading too? Cool, I'm gonna kickstart my model railroading collection sometime in Spring (cuz I need the money to do so :cool:).

It's HO scale. I do some train modeling, but I mostly collect rapid transit cars and display them just like all my rollsigns, maps, lights, and manuals.

:septa:thanks

There are also ones in N-Scale and O-Scale, but these are rare depending on how you want to buy it as... I see most in HO-Scale, but good luck lrg...

If you want O gauge special interlockings, Ross Custom switches has an extensive catalog..

Thanks everyone!

Archived