BUDD M1

Budd M1

There is a pair of M1s out at the Railroad Museum of Long Island in Riverhead. There is also another pair of M1s in Morris Park adjacent to Boland's Landing. I don't have the numbers of either sets, but you should be able to find those using what I just told you.

The rest of the M1s had their motors removed and were shipped to Mexico for push-pull service.

There is a pair of M1s out at the Railroad Museum of Long Island in Riverhead. There is also another pair of M1s in Morris Park adjacent to Boland's Landing. I don't have the numbers of either sets, but you should be able to find those using what I just told you.

The rest of the M1s had their motors removed and were shipped to Mexico for push-pull service.

I'm going to Mexico to ride them. Good luck to me finding those cars. :tup:

They have M1s in Mexico??? Aren't they lucky.:)

Can anyone find some pictures of the M1 in push-pull service?

M1's in Morris Park are 9745-6, and are supposed to be a part of the NYC Transit Museum Collection, but how they will ever get them in there is beyond me. The other set is 9547-8, and are at the Railroad Museum of Long Island in Riverhead. When the Museum is open for business in April, you will be able to view the inside of it for the $5.00 admission fee of touring the whole site. And yes, lots of things going on over there now even though I've been not able to help out there as of late. I am a volunteer, so I get up to the date info from the President.

Whats push-pull service?

There used to be a pair of M1's on a LIPA siding in Bethpage/Farmingdale. Are those the same cars now in Morris Park?

If you are referring to the same pair that had some kind of grafitti written on too?

I believe they are because the pair by Riverhead still have the (MTA) blue stripe on their sides,while the other pair that sit at Morris Park now don't have their stripe,i think they are the same ones that had grafitti written on a while back while at Bethpage spur

Can anyone confirm this or was it the other pair at Riverhead?

:confused:

WOW !! That's very reassuring to know that they now have a second chance on life in Mexico.I was just about to ask what method of disposition was used;reefing,scrapping,being used for houses--just joking.The serial numbers you gave seem rather high,so I'm assumming none of these museum units are 1968 originals like 9001 or so.

It seems the pair by Riverhead are in better shape then the pair by Morris Park

How would they place them inside the NYC Transit Museum,aren't MU cars wider and longer?

I definitely know the height and width clearance would be a problem

They are longer (85') but not wider.

Archived