New Guy Sez Hi !

BrooklynBob

What a great idea for a forum of the like-minded. Here's the short story, subway fans: I grew up in Brooklyn in the 1940s and 1950s (before moving out to Hicksville). Loved the Dodgers and the subway. Always fooled around with HO-scale RR, but never had the time to REALLY pursue it. Now, it's time. I've just started the research phase for my limited-space HO-scale kingdom. It will eventually be a very compacted impression of the unified NY subway system, on four levels. Lowest level (3-tracked) just a tunnel at the front of the layout to view operations below-grade. Directly above that, a station (3-tracks - center for express); at street-level I've designed my take on the South Brooklyn RR, with an interchange track with the subway system (based on the SBK at 39th and Third); finally, a 2-track Elevated section with a couple of side-platform stations. All levels are linked. Should be lots of action in a small space. The new technology (e.g., DCC) will be a challenge for me, but I figure if I go slow and get some help I can do it. Anyway, Cheers, BrooklynBob

Hey, NXex, thanks for the welcome. I wish I could find a way to include a bit of the Sea Beach line... I like the open cut look... but I might be out of room on my layout. Nonetheless, I'm thinking of some way to squeeze it in. Love the BMT ! Cheers, BrooklynBob

Hey, NXex, thanks for the welcome. I wish I could find a way to include a bit of the Sea Beach line... I like the open cut look... but I might be out of room on my layout. Nonetheless, I'm thinking of some way to squeeze it in. Love the BMT ! Cheers, BrooklynBob

You could take the roof off part of your tunnel if you want.

Archived