NJ Transit MP20GP 1001

Eric Kreszl

That's the first photo ever taken of the new switcher. I have seen that photo before. Thanks for adding anyway.

Eric

P.S. SW1500 502 is still alive at Hoboken Terminal Get your photos of that locomotive now!

No problem just figured to post it for the people who havn't seen it. I als knew you saw it from your comment on it:p

Damn, that thing is still in Illinois.

Expect that be added onto a freight run that comes into Joisey and it'll be left off once in Joisey.

But that new shot was taken last thursday, so unless it hasn't move since then, it might be not so far from NJ now.

Knowing NJ Transit they will keep it at the MMC for who knows how long so they can get a good look at it.

I've heard that CSX has screwed up the routing of this unit. Last I heard it was in WI. Maybe the USPS would have been more reliable.

I've heard that CSX has screwed up the routing of this unit. Last I heard it was in WI. Maybe the USPS would have been more reliable.

I remember when CSX took NJ Transit SW1500's 500 and 501 out of NJ. The locomotives had to go all the way to Selkirk NY just to get out of NJ. Rediculous.

Eric

• 1 month later...

1001 is finally in! I saw it saturday, but wasn't sure of it. Then on sunday I kept an eye out and saw it sitting on the track that leads into the NJT yard from the freight line while riding the PATH and made sure it was when I took a NEC to NYP. So its long journey is over for this thing! Finally back home.

Archived