Trip from Phlly

TheKorean

Ok, so I am planning on trip to Philly and back on 3/13/10 for a Flyers game. I am planning to take AMTRAK back home (NJ transit/SEPTA to Philly). I bought the ticket at Penn Station today. So what privileges do I get to enjoy in Business Class, which is the ticket I bought?

Ok, so I am planning on trip to Philly and back on 3/13/10 for a Flyers game. I am planning to take AMTRAK back home (NJ transit/SEPTA to Philly). I bought the ticket at Penn Station today. So what privileges do I get to enjoy in Business Class, which is the ticket I bought?

Business class on Acela or Regional?

Comfy seats, free sodas, priority boarding.

Although I think BC is a waste for such a short distance. It's better on semi-LD trains that use Amfleet I's (Vermonter, Carolinian, NFL Empire Service) because the ride can get lengthy and uncomfortable.

Amtrak is the biggest rip-off there is. Megabus is so much cheaper than Amtrak.

I agree about the price, but nothing beats rail travel on the Northeast Corridor... You get what you pay for.

It just says the train number. 198.

EDIT:

Checked out the Amtrak schedule. Its regional. Origonal price is $47 plus $24 for buisiness class.

I took that train once from Wilmington (1st station south of Philly) and it is very quiet because it's a late night train plus a Saturday, so I imagine Business Class will be empty.

Also, next time go online to http://www.amtrak.com and book there because that same train can be booked for $35 + $24 right now as long as it's 2 weeks in advance and the promotion goes on for the NE Regional. :)

Archived