Listen To Transit Radio Live!

Chrystie Street Cut

When are you putting the IRT one up?
From the area where I have my computer, I can't pick up any IRT Traffic with this scanner. I can however pick it up with no problem with a regular radio, but scanners are known to not pick up weak signals very well. I live in the B1, and can also pick up B2, so thats why I just leave it on those. When nothing is doing on B1 and B2 I thrown in a little Division 3 transit police.

Not to be a jerk but, you can not retransmit the signal on line. You better take it down before you can get into trouble.

You can retransmit it online all you want. It's in the air, in the clear (aka no encryption used, and is no different than any police, fire, or EMS system which is constantly rebroadcasted over the internet.

There are exceptions to this rule, but these are usually intercepting pager data, cell phone, etc.

When in doubt - ask an attorney and don't take legal advise from a message board.

If you want to continue to stream your live scanner, you can look at setting up your own at http://www.radioreference.com

-Alex

You can retransmit it online all you want. It's in the air, in the clear (aka no encryption used, and is no different than any police, fire, or EMS system which is constantly rebroadcasted over the internet.

There are exceptions to this rule, but these are usually intercepting pager data, cell phone, etc.

When in doubt - ask an attorney and don't take legal advise from a message board.

If you want to continue to stream your live scanner, you can look at setting up your own at http://www.radioreference.com

-Alex

Yep, I'm well aware that what I'm doing is 100% legal, but I just do this as a favor for the local community here. I love when the internet lawyers come out and think they know what they are talking about when in fact they don't know jack.

They just had a foot pursuit at franklyn ave and the host goes down man im pissed. Is there a better host thats free?

http://www.listen2myradio.com/ but they have a horrible interface. Also the program I linked to you, you need to purchase a copy of it, otherwise, every 4 hours it shuts off unless you have a license key for it.

BTW, just for some people to see.

§ 10-103 Use of devices to decode coded police transmission via radio

or television prohibited. a. It shall be unlawful in the city of New

York for any person to unscramble or decode or possess or use any

instrument or article capable of unscrambling or decoding, scrambled or

coded police broadcasts by radio or television, unless such person is

duly authorized to do so by permit issued by the police commissioner of

the city of New York.

b. A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.

There is not one encypted/coded public saftey frequencie in NYC, or NYS for that matter.

BTW, just for some people to see.

§ 10-103 Use of devices to decode coded police transmission via radio

or television prohibited. a. It shall be unlawful in the city of New

York for any person to unscramble or decode or possess or use any

instrument or article capable of unscrambling or decoding, scrambled or

coded police broadcasts by radio or television, unless such person is

duly authorized to do so by permit issued by the police commissioner of

the city of New York.

b. A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor.

There is not one encypted/coded public saftey frequencie in NYC, or NYS for that matter.

There are plenty of encrypted frequencies in the NYC metro area.... I know of several.

Regardless, the above does not apply to transit channels as they are not encoded/encrypted.

Archived