Visitor From Oslo Is Questioned About Taking Photos In Our Subway

You will need to translate Norwegian to English using Google Toolbar:

http://Http://blogg.dittoslo.no/-/blog/2010/03/25/terroristjeg/

One visitor from Oslo, Norway and his experience taking photos on our subway, which he likes (our subway).

I wish he knew about 1050.9 (3), but at least he knows not to use flash in the subway.

One of his subway photographs accompanies the article - looks like he's a good photographer.

Yea but they are always stopping the wrong people.

There not the wrong people if someone calls 911 and says there is someone taking photos and they look suspicious. It would be irresponsible if they did not look into the call.

Google Translate does not help.

No, Yuki, you have to translate the Norwegian into English using Google Toolbar. A bar should appear across the top of the page telling you the page is in Norwegian and asking if you want to translate it into English.

Clicking Google Toolbar is how I was able to read the article.

They stopped him and filled out a UF-250 on him. Big deal. Have had the samething happen to me at Broadway Junction with a group of railfans. A sweep team doing a patrol walked up to us, about 5 male black officers stopped us in plain clothes and all of them filled out UF-250s on us. They kind of had a cocky attitude, I kept telling them its not against the rules so why fill out the 250? One of them says they are stopping us for the "Activity", not for taking pictures. Of course I just rolled my eyes at that responce. No harm done, however they were REALLY doing it to impress their superior officer to try to show him they are doing their job out there and stopping people.

Guys, if any police officer asks you or tells you something relating to photography in the subway, do not start arguments, just comply with the police officer and obey his or her commands. You don't want to be charged with insubordination, do you?

No, Yuki, you have to translate the Norwegian into English using Google Toolbar. A bar should appear across the top of the page telling you the page is in Norwegian and asking if you want to translate it into English.

Clicking Google Toolbar is how I was able to read the article.

Except Google can not translate perfectly in clear English writing since it translate word by word.

Archived