Help installing BVE on Windows 7

Ive downloaded the direct 3D files to fix the error to run BVE for Windows 7. I did this all on an Admin account yet its not working. instead when i type in the files in command prompt i get the following message;

4667850338_6c363feb3b.jpg

Can someone help me?

Try again..if it doesnt work try the other 3 .dll if they fail run bve to see if it works...Note run all programs As Admin including Command Propmt

Done all of this after finding another article. Now all the files on my account (.dll) open with wordpad, after windows tried to find a solution itself.

You can forget using BVE on Windows 7 or Vista. Or even Windows 8 when it comes out... Its the new Direct X thats not compatitable with the BVE game. From the looks of it BVE was made in the Dx7 which is old!

Windows Vista uses Dx10(RTM)/10.1(Win6 SP1)/11(Win 6 SP2)

Windows 7 uses Dx11

Windows XP/2000/ME/98SE/98 uses Dx9

I dont play BVE anymore anyways

I think OpenBVE is your best bet!

You can forget using BVE on Windows 7 or Vista. Or even Windows 8 when it comes out... Its the new Direct X thats not compatitable with the BVE game. From the looks of it BVE was made in the Dx7 which is old!

Windows 7 uses Dx11

openBVE is compatible with windows 7? IF so where can i download it?

noww im getting this-

4671646873_6177f2cc4f.jpg

You did not register the DLL files.

Windows 7 uses Dx11

Not entirely true. I do have BVE working in Vista

You did not register the DLL files.

Not entirely true. I do have BVE working in Vista

Lets see... You used those files thats on that topic to work on Vista or you hacked it :P?

Whether BVE works on Vista/Windows 7 is iffy, yes it is an issue over the Direct X software you can install the proper files necessary (which is what i did) although now with OpenBVE technology i wouldn't really recommend you go through all that trouble to do so.

Many BVE routes and trains are compatible with OpenBVE however please be aware many BVE trains are NOT compatible with OpenBVE due to differences in the sound pitches. You can start at http://www.bvestation.com/maindown.php for NYCT routes and trainsimcentral.co.uk for British routes.

Lets see... You used those files thats on that topic to work on Vista or you hacked it B)?

Mark, as you know BVE 2 and 4 both use DirectX 8, In Vista and after editions, DX 8 wasnt present and the whole point of dx8vb.dll and dx7vb.dll is to put in the DX 7 & 8 modules into Vista/7 that are already in XP but they need to be manually put into Vista and 7. Just go look at the dlls in System32. Most will probrably have the file version of

6.1.7600, which stands for Windows 6.1 (Win7) and Build 7600

But, the 2 dlls dx8 and dx7 are

5.1.2600, which stands for Windows 5.1 (XP) and Build 2600

Many BVE routes and trains are compatible with OpenBVE however please be aware many BVE trains are NOT compatible with OpenBVE due to differences in the sound pitches. You can start at http://www.bvestation.com/maindown.php for NYCT routes and trainsimcentral.co.uk for British routes.

Their compatible only if you're willing to do more work by changing the speed of the audio file.

Archived