How do T/O's know when to pull out?

Robert Bosco

How do T/O's know when to pull out of the station after the doors have been closed. Is there some type of indicator light? Also, if the train was in motion, and the conductor opened the doors by accident, would the train automatically stop?

You already asnwered your question about the indicator light...

You lose indication enroute the train stops yes..

The C/R will NEVER open those doors whlie the train is in motion please dont say that....

Saying "What would happen if the doors opened enroute" is a better phrase please...

I always thought there was some sort of interlocking mechanism that wouldn't let the doors open while the train was in motion. When the train comes to a full stop then the doors would be able to be opened.

On these cars classes, R32,R38,R46,R62,R62A,SOME R68's and R68A's im not sure...

On these Car Classes, R40,R40M,R42,R44,SOME R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160 there is something its called an "enabler" the C/R cannot open the doors until the T/O "enables" him/her..

The enabler button is in the T/O's cab, one button for each side of the train until that button is pressed there is no way a C/R can open those doors.

On these cars classes, R32,R38,R46,R62,R62A,SOME R68's and R68A's im not sure...

On these Car Classes, R40,R40M,R42,R44,SOME R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160 there is something its called an "enabler" the C/R cannot open the doors until the T/O "enables" him/her..

The enabler button is in the T/O's cab, one button for each side of the train until that button is pressed there is no way a C/R can open those doors.

I have no idea how you don't know if the trains you listed don't have enablers or not. ALL train models have enablers.

I have no idea how you don't know if the trains you listed don't have enablers or not. ALL train models have enablers.

What are you talking about?

Sigh..

Door enablers in the T/O cabs are in these Car Classes..

R40,R42,R44,Some R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160..

The Concourse R68's havent been fitted with door enablers yet..

Im A Div transfer i spent Two months Road, Yard and Station Switching Posting you dont think i know what car classes have enablers in the T/O cab or not?

Thats what i was saying.

Get a picture of a door enabler in a T/O cab in a R32,R38,R46,R62,or a R62A..

What are you talking about?

Sigh..

Door enablers in the T/O cabs are in these Car Classes..

R40,R42,R44,Some R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160..

The Concourse R68's havent been fitted with door enablers yet..

Im A Div transfer i spent Two months Road, Yard and Station Switching Posting you dont think i know what car classes have enablers in the T/O cab or not?

Thats what i was saying.

Get a picture of a door enabler in a T/O cab in a R32,R38,R46,R62,or a R62A..

I thought you said you didn't know if enablers were on the R40,R40M,R42,R44,SOME R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160s. You got me scared for a min. Nevermind then.

I thought you said you didn't know if enablers were on the R40,R40M,R42,R44,SOME R68's,R68A's,R142,R142A,R143,R160s. You got me scared for a min. Nevermind then.

Good glad you finally understood what i said.:cool:

I don't mean to get too off-topic, but I think on Amtrak, the conductor buzzes the engineer to move the train (the train can move with doors open, although usually only the door at the conductors position will remain half open so s/he can observe the platform), or tells the engineer that it's "okay to proceed".

Archived