An interesting new M detour

Abba

• 2 weeks later...

So as to ease interfering with the (F), (M) trains on Monday will terminate on track B6 at 57th Street, reverse, then cross over to track B5 to return to Middle Village.

(F) trains via 63d Street, (D)(F)(M) trains on Saturday schedule and no (B) trains.

But how does that "ease interfering with the (F)"?

But how does that "ease interfering with the (F)"?

NX Express: I'm not sure, but I think the TA has a plan between starting the (M) nortbound at around 8am and southbound at around 9am, terminating the (M) on track B6 (northbound side), and running trains on a Saturday schedule that allows 57th Street to become a temporary terminal, and allows the (F) to run its' normal route via East 63d Street.

With an average of ten minutes, it likely wll be (F)(M)(F)(M) with the (M) having about three - three and a half minutes to reverse on the northbound side. Southbound side will be (F) only.

(M)Train service is extended to 57 St Station

Holiday, 5 AM Mon to 5 AM Tue, Jul 5 - 6

For those who want proof

http://travel.mtanyct.info/serviceadvisory/routeStatusResult.aspx?tag=M&date=7/5/2010&time=&method=getstatus

Any thoughts?

I really thought this was bogus and it is not listed on the weekend service advisories posted in the stations.

But alas, I did see the GO for this today. I guess they are trying to save on a few shuttle buses and have the public ride the new M to Manhattan, specifically 14/6. They will be confused since they are not used to the new M yet.

Yes, it terminates at 57/6 on 6 track, the same track used by the Queens bound F's! I'm sure the schedule works out nicely on paper with the M scheduled to follow an F so as not to interfere with the following F. But since this is a paper railroad.................

Look for a mess!

Archived