Questions

JGrant1984

I just passed the CDL Class B Written tests and i have the S, P and L endorsements, but on the permit card it didn't have the air-brake endorsement which is the letter L. I asked the lady at the desk do i have the airbrake endorsement she said yes. But do i? because i don't want to go through the hassle of walking in that dmv to bring up a dispute.

The Next question is... i asked a bus driver on how he got his job and he said that once a position is open you can get free training on how to operate a bus without going to a cdl school. Is this true?

Air is not realy an endorsement, its a restriction

There is a restriction code on the permit that would not allow you to touch Air breaks, if you dont have the restriction you are good to go. Look at the back of the green paper, it will show you the code for the Air restriction.

Company will teach you ones they will need drivers, it aint that hard, just remember the bus is long wide and heavy :P

I just passed the CDL Class B Written tests and i have the S, P and L endorsements, but on the permit card it didn't have the air-brake endorsement which is the letter L. I asked the lady at the desk do i have the airbrake endorsement she said yes. But do i? because i don't want to go through the hassle of walking in that dmv to bring up a dispute.

The Next question is... i asked a bus driver on how he got his job and he said that once a position is open you can get free training on how to operate a bus without going to a cdl school. Is this true?

If you passed the air brake written test like you said then you are good. What list are you on? 5025? 8006? 2801? 2901?..

you can get free training on how to operate a bus without going to a cdl school. Is this true?

They will train you how to operate the bus the way they want you to. They will NOT teach you how to drive. Meaning, while you are waiting to get called, if possible, get a job driving some sort of truck or school bus.. Just to get a feel and some experience driving something longer, wider & heavier than a car..( Like Olegkha put it)

You will have 7- 10 days to get through their training. You WANT to do it in 7 days. Otherwise you will be under a lot more pressure. There is a thread sticky here with very good details on the B/O training process. Review it good. I did before I went in, and I believe it helped me some b/c I had an idea of what to expect.

Good Luck.

If you passed the air brake written test like you said then you are good. What list are you on? 5025? 8006? 2801? 2901?..

To have an air brake restriction removed requires more than just a written test being passed. The CDL skills and road test must be taken on a vehicle equipped with air brakes. That does NOT include an air-over-hydraulic (air-assisted hydraulic) system; straight air system only.

Did you take the air brakes written exam, and will you take your skills/road test on a vehicle equipped with an air brake system? Provided that you're halfway decent at memorizing a few numbers, the written should be a cakewalk, and the skills exam requires your pre-trip inspection to include a visual check of the brake system components (slack adjusters properly set, lines in good condition, etc.) as well as leakage rate, low air warning, spring break and compressor build-up checks. At least, that's what I remember from my exam, which I took in Connecticut close to ten years ago.

To have an air brake restriction removed requires more than just a written test being passed. The CDL skills and road test must be taken on a vehicle equipped with air brakes. That does NOT include an air-over-hydraulic (air-assisted hydraulic) system; straight air system only.

Did you take the air brakes written exam, and will you take your skills/road test on a vehicle equipped with an air brake system? Provided that you're halfway decent at memorizing a few numbers, the written should be a cakewalk, and the skills exam requires your pre-trip inspection to include a visual check of the brake system components (slack adjusters properly set, lines in good condition, etc.) as well as leakage rate, low air warning, spring break and compressor build-up checks. At least, that's what I remember from my exam, which I took in Connecticut close to ten years ago.

He(OP) just got his CDL B permit,if he did have the air brake restriction on it all he would have to do is take the written air brake test and pass it. We are talking about a CDL permit here and not a CDL.....

Archived