MCI Question: Should the QM15 stay in JFK?

Calvin

Why is the QM15 in JFK and FAR ROCKAWAY?

can the QM15 be in Far Rockaway not JFK bcause with Far Rockaway and its MCIs form JFK, it can put like 1/2 of it to Far Rockaway and send 1/2 to other depots for more buses.

Wat depot is best for QM15?

(A)JFK

(B)FAR ROCKAWAY

Why is the QM15 in JFK and FAR ROCKAWAY?

can the QM15 be in Far Rockaway not JFK bcause with Far Rockaway and its MCIs form JFK, it can put like 1/2 of it to Far Rockaway and send 1/2 to other depots for more buses.

Wat depot is best for QM15?

(A)JFK

(B)FAR ROCKAWAY

IMO, the QM15 should be at Spring Creek

The qm15 works just fine at jfk.first off jfk only has 7 mci buses .the starting point of the line is very close to jfk so deadheading back to jfk is a short ride .some of the runs on the qm15 also come out of far rockaway.jfk and far rockaway were the old green lines bus and even though transit took over these two depots are actually one depot.b/o' go back and fourth between these depots.

The qm15 works just fine at jfk.first off jfk only has 7 mci buses .the starting point of the line is very close to jfk so deadheading back to jfk is a short ride .some of the runs on the qm15 also come out of far rockaway.jfk and far rockaway were the old green lines bus and even though transit took over these two depots are actually one depot.b/o' go back and fourth between these depots.

I say Spring Creek because its the closest depot to the line. Then JFK would be an all local depot.

Spring creek is no where near the qm15 ,if anything baisley park is closer but the qm15 is an old green line and jfk/rockaway. Aren't going to allow it to go to another depot

What????? Not the case my friend. Spring Creek is closer to the QM15's Queens terminal than any other depot! I know where ALL the depots are, and it's about a mile away. JFK is about 4 to 4 1/2 miles away.

JFK location: 165-25 147th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11434

QM15 southern terminal: 157th Avenue and 92 Street

Spring Creek location: 12755 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11208

Baisley Park: 114-15 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434

According to google maps, SC is 2.8 miles away from the QM15 stop, while JFK is 4.8 miles away. Baisley park is roughly 6 miles away. Clearly Baisley Park is more out the way than JFK and SC.

JFK location: 165-25 147th Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11434

QM15 southern terminal: 157th Avenue and 92 Street

Spring Creek location: 12755 Flatlands Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11208

Baisley Park: 114-15 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard, Jamaica, NY 11434

According to google maps, SC is 2.8 miles away from the QM15 stop, while JFK is 4.8 miles away. Baisley park is roughly 6 miles away. Clearly Baisley Park is more out the way than JFK and SC.

And now that I think about it, you can't take a direct route from the terminal to SC. This is the only reason you have to go an extra mile and a half or so. I didn't even comment on BP because it is completely out of the way. Therefore, as I said, it should go to SC, relieving JFK of it's express duties. It may even save the MTA some money if they moved it.

And now that I think about it, you can't take a direct route from the terminal to SC. This is the only reason you have to go an extra mile and a half or so. I didn't even comment on BP because it is completely out of the way. Therefore, as I said, it should go to SC, relieving JFK of it's express duties. It may even save the MTA some money if they moved it.

I was actually going to add that despite being about half the distance, youd only save a minute of driving by moving the QM15 to SC (again, according to Google maps). And even if BP was to be considered as an alternate depot for the route, It's to my knowledge that the depot is pretty full as is.

I was actually going to add that despite being about half the distance, youd only save a minute of driving by moving the QM15 to SC (again, according to Google maps). And even if BP was to be considered as an alternate depot for the route, It's to my knowledge that the depot is pretty full as is.

True, but adding 7-9 buses to the roster won't cause any significant issues at SC. You're right about BP though. They can barely operate with what they have now. My #1 reason for saying it should be moved would cut costs (a little) at JFK now that the QM23 is gone.

Archived