A div car assignments 1999

trainfan22

Uh adtranz propulsion sounds nothing like siemens propulsion. The siemens train does sound cool but that altsom onix populsion on the R142s R160s is very annoying. And like i said only SOME R32s have screeching brakes. While all of the R142s R143s and the R160s have that annoying atsom/adtranz populsion sound.Your just simply lieing about the R32s yes some have screehing brakes but not all of them.

Back in december during the arnies runs i had to sit in queens plaza and watch a whole bunch of phase II R32s go back in forth. On the (E) line and out of the whole day only one or two sets had screehing brakes. While i had to wait for the arnies train to come out of layup.

The R32 Phase II's are in pretty bad shape overall. Most of it is brake related, and many do have screeching brakes. But not only that, the brakes are slow to release when leaving a station on many of these cars. Also, the brakes don't always grip the cylinder properly once the train is in friction braking, causing the train to give the feel of "sliding", and this is true for those Phase II's individually by car, hence why many T/O's will refer to the train as being like a "rubber band" when braking, especially if this is true of some cars in the consist but not others. The "rubber band" name also comes from the delay when those cars are given power or brake.

Also, a growing number of Phase II's are turning up with dead motors...

The R32 Phase II's are in pretty bad shape overall. Most of it is brake related, and many do have screeching brakes. But not only that, the brakes are slow to release when leaving a station on many of these cars. Also, the brakes don't always grip the cylinder properly once the train is in friction braking, causing the train to give the feel of "sliding", and this is true for those Phase II's individually by car, hence why many T/O's will refer to the train as being like a "rubber band" when braking, especially if this is true of some cars in the consist but not others. The "rubber band" name also comes from the delay when those cars are given power or brake.

Also, a growing number of Phase II's are turning up with dead motors...

The reason why the phase II R32s are in such bad shape is jamaica yard is the crappyist maintence shop in the system. Have you notice that a lot of R46s have dead motors too which is maintained by jamaica yard. The ones on the (A) and (C) lines are in awsome shape could go another 20 years. Because pikin yard takes good care of them.

When it comes to the phase II R32s its the yard not the train. Like for example for how bad those R42s are since ENY yard stop maintaining them right. Those cars are falling apart sadly its because the R160s overcrowding the yard thus ENY cant maintain them right.

The reason why the phase II R32s are in such bad shape is jamaica yard is the crappyist maintence shop in the system. Have you notice that a lot of R46s have dead motors too which is maintained by jamaica yard. The ones on the (A) and (C) lines are in awsome shape could go another 20 years. Because pikin yard takes good care of them.

When it comes to the phase II R32s its the yard not the train. Like for example for how bad those R42s are since ENY yard stop maintaining them right. Those cars are falling apart sadly its because the R160s overcrowding the yard thus ENY cant maintain them right.

Same with Jamaica, it's overcrowded as well, which makes it hard to maintain all those R32's. And regardless of the reason, those cars are in poor shape overall, which is why R160 said what he did above.

The Pitkin R32's are in better shape, but occasionally those cars will have problems too with brakes and dead motors, just not nearly on the scale as the Jamaica cars.

Uh adtranz propulsion sounds nothing like siemens propulsion. The siemens train does sound cool but that altsom onix populsion on the R142s R160s is very annoying. And like i said only SOME R32s have screeching brakes. While all of the R142s R143s and the R160s have that annoying atsom/adtranz populsion sound.Your just simply lieing about the R32s yes some have screehing brakes but not all of them.

Back in december during the arnies runs i had to sit in queens plaza and watch a whole bunch of phase II R32s go back in forth. On the (E) line and out of the whole day only one or two sets had screehing brakes. While i had to wait for the arnies train to come out of layup.

You're talking about the propulsion sounds on the NTTs as if it's a defect...and AdTranz and Siemens propulsion do share some similarities.

And how am i lying...? I take the (E) train everyday and have been since 2006, I've seen a good portion of the cars and don't remember the last time I've heard one whose brakes didn't creech. A handful of them didn't exactly screech but made other sounds that it is 'not supposed to make', as you so eloquently put it in another thread...

You're talking about the propulsion sounds on the NTTs as if it's a defect...and AdTranz and Siemens propulsion do share some similarities.

And how am i lying...? I take the (E) train everyday and have been since 2006, I've seen a good portion of the cars and don't remember the last time I've heard one whose brakes didn't creech. A handful of them didn't exactly screech but made other sounds that it is 'not supposed to make', as you so eloquently put it in another thread...

if Adtranz and siemens populsion do have simlarities its not the way they sound. If you think they sound the same then you need your hearing check. And stop trying to compare the R32s screeching brakes to the NTT populsion sounds. Only SOME R32s have screeching brakes while ALL of the NTT R142/A R143 altsom onix R160s have annoying populsion sounds. Plus these NTT have extemely loud HAVC units which the R32-R68A feets dont have.

So stop trying to make the R32 look bad because the NTT is just as loud if not louder than the SMEE fleets. At least when an SMEE train is idle in the station you can hear the person next to you. But when an R142 comes into the station you have to yell just to talk to the person next to you due to the loud HAVC noise.

Only SOME R32s have screeching brakes
Nah dude, lets talk about changing that word "some" in that sentence to ALL.

You thinking the wrong ideas. How in the hell can you compare propulsion motors to brakes.

Now if you were talking about the brakes on the NTTs, then you would have a better argument, but not enough to be in favor because the brakes on the NTTs don't sound as bad as on the R32s.

Granted, R32s are some damn good cars, but they're not perfect.

Nah dude, lets talk about changing that word "some" in that sentence to ALL.

You thinking the wrong ideas. How in the hell can you compare propulsion motors to brakes.

Now if you were talking about the brakes on the NTTs, then you would have a better argument, but not enough to be in favor because the brakes on the NTTs don't sound as bad as on the R32s.

Granted, R32s are some damn good cars, but they're not perfect.

First off not all R32s have sceeching brakes like i said only some R32s have sceehing brakes. Some R32s on the (A) and (C) lines do NOT have any sceeching brakes at all.

And did you even read the whole thread? I was helping somebody tell the diffence between the R142 and the R142A. Then i said that the R142A has an annoying populsion sound. Then R160B 8713 NOT me tried to compare the R32s sceeching brakes to the R142A populsion sound.

And the R32 is better than any better than any NTT period. Do you hear about the (A)(C) and (E) lines having car shortages do to R32s having techincal problems NO. But you do hear about the (2)(4)(5)(6) lines having car shortages due to the lack of R142/As funtioning right YES. Every time i ride the (N) line past CI yard i aways see three to four sets of R143s OOS with techincal problems.

I rode those R32s on the (F) line a lot and it never had any sceeching brakes.

First off not all R32s have sceeching brakes like i said only some R32s have sceehing brakes. Some R32s on the (A) and (C) lines do NOT have any sceeching brakes at all.

And did you even read the whole thread? I was helping somebody tell the diffence between the R142 and the R142A. Then i said that the R142A has an annoying populsion sound. Then R160B 8713 NOT me tried to compare the R32s sceeching brakes to the R142A populsion sound.

And the R32 is better than any better than any NTT period. Do you hear about the (A)(C) and (E) lines having car shortages do to R32s having techincal problems NO. But you do hear about the (2)(4)(5)(6) lines having car shortages due to the lack of R142/As funtioning right YES. Every time i ride the (N) line past CI yard i aways see three to four sets of R143s OOS with techincal problems.

I rode those R32s on the (F) line a lot and it never had any sceeching brakes.

1. Follow your own advice and get your hearing checked.

2. I didn't say the NTTs were better than the R32s.

3. These NTTs are trains to work with. Key words, "New Technology." So what does that mean? It means something to get use to later on and get to know how to work and fix things on these trains. So yeah, these things aren't going to be the greatest things ever at first. Remember, think "NEW!" We all know how new things work now 'n' days........."Technology to work with."

if Adtranz and siemens populsion do have simlarities its not the way they sound. If you think they sound the same then you need your hearing check. And stop trying to compare the R32s screeching brakes to the NTT populsion sounds. Only SOME R32s have screeching brakes while ALL of the NTT R142/A R143 altsom onix R160s have annoying populsion sounds. Plus these NTT have extemely loud HAVC units which the R32-R68A feets dont have.

So stop trying to make the R32 look bad because the NTT is just as loud if not louder than the SMEE fleets. At least when an SMEE train is idle in the station you can hear the person next to you. But when an R142 comes into the station you have to yell just to talk to the person next to you due to the loud HAVC noise.

I have to hear AdTranz propulsion every day. It stays in your head you know.

(Taken by our very own Phil)

See the similarities? Listen to the Siemens propulsion at :09 and the R142A at about :23.

And the only reason I'd need a hearing check is because I take those R32s every day.

And I'm not comparing the brakes to the propulsion sounds but you speak of the propulsion sounds as a defect while completely ignoring the screeching brakes of the R32 PHASE II. I keep saying that all of the R32 Phase II have screeching brakes but you 'correct' me saying that not all of them do, and that the R32 Phase I don't. Um, DUH?!? Didn't I say that already?

The NTT HVAC units are not extremely loud. You don't have to raise your voice if you are talking to someone, especially if they are right next to you. I'm not trying to make the R32 look bad, why would I if my handle on RD is R32_3348? If anything you're trying to make the OTTs look perfect and making the NTTs look bad.

Still the adtrainz and siemens populsion sound nothing alike. The siemens populsion sound much diffent than adtranz populsion.

And maybe you started posting on RD before you even rode an R160. And besides your handle here is R160

And YOU is trying to make the NTT look perfect and the SMEE car classes look bad.The R142 HAVC noise is very loud and cant hear the person next to you talk.

Just beause a train is sliver and shiny does NOT make it a good car.

The propulsion sounds get to your head after a while and you can see many similarities between them after a while. It might be just me but there's definitely some similarities.

I'm not saying the SMEE cars look bad but it is seriously their time to go for the older models.

Just because a train is replacing some old favorites doesn't mean that it can't stand up to the challenge.

Archived