Redbird work service question

mark1447

(1) Does anyone know when the R33s that are in work service are going to be retired and/or Scrap?

Till after the R188s come in while the R62s replace them or continue beyond this point?

(2) Are the R33s the only redbirds in work service? Is the R26/28/29/36 also too? (Excluding R32/127/134=Not Redbirds)

Thanks!

(1) Does anyone know when the R33s that are in work service are going to be retired and/or Scrap?

Till after the R188s come in while the R62s replace them or continue beyond this point?

(2) Are the R33s the only redbirds in work service? Is the R26/28/29/36 also too? (Excluding R32/127/134)

Thanks!

The redbirds in work service will be there until they are no longer road worthy. I doubt after the R188s come to light, that R52s will be retired at all.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Side note: R32/R127/R134 aren't redbirds since, well, they weren't red lol

All R26, R28, R29, and 36s have been reefed with the exception of the ones that have been preserved. I think it's 16 cars in those classes that have been saved probably more. R33s are the only redbirds in service though at one time they did use R29s for work service, but for some reason that ended and they were soon reefed. There is about 100 redbirds that are in work service and all of them are R33s. Question are there any R14, R21 or R22s left in work service?

there are no more R14s in work service, but there might be some R21/R22s in work service, maybe as that 8 car set of work cars that carries rails inside of it. Its the one that looks like the bottom of the front end was carved out of it.

When the R32s eventually retire aren't several of them being saved for work service?

There was a plan to do that, I think they still might use that plan in the near future.

and BTW, They Need to save 8812/13, they are in very good shape, They are at the 38th st yard for work service.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Side note: R32/R127/R134 aren't redbirds since, well, they weren't red lol

there are no more R14s in work service, but there might be some R21/R22s in work service, maybe as that 8 car set of work cars that carries rails inside of it. Its the one that looks like the bottom of the front end was carved out of it.

i didnt meant R32/127/134 is redbird.. lol

You know it would be nice of the TOMC or 1 set of redbirds can run within the IRT lines every weekend, similar to the 2004 version.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

i didnt meant R32/127/134 is redbird.. lol

You know it would be nice of the TOMC or 1 set of redbirds can run within the IRT lines every weekend, similar to the 2004 version.

IIRC, the TOMC crapped out somehow that's why it isn't running, but it would be nice to see it run maybe on the (1)(2)(3) or (7)***

Even the 42 St (S) would be nice since its only 1 stop

**I omitted the (4)(5)(6) since that would be Lex Av suicide if it ever breaks down

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

IIRC, the TOMC crapped out somehow that's why it isn't running, but it would be nice to see it run maybe on the (1)(2)(3) or (7)***

Even the 42 St (S) would be nice since its only 1 stop

**I omitted the (4)(5)(6) since that would be Lex Av suicide if it ever breaks down

Yeah one of my good friends whos friends with Luz from the NYCTM told em that something went wrong with ether the R12/15/17 which caused it not to run. Damn thing sucked since they coulda had the Redbirds take over.. But then again the Redbirds were retired a few yrs ago so it wouldn't interest some people much with the exception of the R12/15/17 which blows!

Archived