The benefit of wind power as a utility

Coolbreezing

Please do not remove ...this subject belongs in this forum because it concern the future.

People all over the world are taking appropriate measures to help reduce pollutants to secure the future of our young ones. Their have realized that chemical composition such as sulfur dioxide, nitrous oxides and carbon dioxide are all bi-products of power plants which uses nuclear energy, coal, gas and steam to produce electricity. Power plants are the largest stationary source of air pollution in the United States. Statistics shows a small decrease in the percentage of carbon dioxide. This decrease is a result of hybrid automobile cars and wind power.

I am asking those of you who pays your electricity bill to Con Edison to call them and ask to have your currents derived from wind energy. Electricity generated by wind turbines will not dirty the air we breath. By switching to wind energy we'll have less acid rain, fewer greenhouse gas emission. As you can see the MTA is doing its part, every new buses they buy will be hybrid. That is a positive move, its shows that they care about the environment. You too can play your part to better the environment. Every driver who pay their electricity bill through Con Edison can call them and have their electricity retrieve through wind energy.

Here how it works, Con Edison gets electricity from three main sources. Nuclear, Coal and Steam and now from wind energy which has not yet fully invested in. In order for Con Edison to invest in wind energy, the public need to show interest by calling to have your current derived from wind energy. This is how they know the public is concern about the future of the planet.

Since it takes money to start a wind mill, Con Edison wants to know if you 're willing to pay a small price for the initiation process. I believe the price you'll pay is something around 50 cent depending on your monthly bill. If you ask me this is a small price to pay in order to breath clean air and secure the future of our planet. Let it be known that as more wind turbines develop in the east our electricity bill will decrease for those of us who gets our current from wind energy. If you think about it, its a good investment.

“Wind energy is growing fast. It has been the world’s fastest growing renewable energy source for more than a decade with an average annual growth rate of over 20%. Wind energy in the United States could provide as much as 40% of our electricity, but the nation generates less than 1% of its electricity with the wind with more than 9,149 MW of wind energy capacity installed in the U.S., wind power now serves more than 2.3 million average U.S. households (still a fraction of what it could be providing). Installed capacity worldwide is almost 60,000 MW, or enough to serve more than 12.9 million U.S. Households.” source Benefits of Wind Energy - NRG Systems.

Maybe you should consider investing in wind energy stocks ....I don't think you'll regret it.

Thank you folks please , please change your source of electricity to wind energy ....think about your children ...

wind energy looks like a nice way to save the world

they should immediately implement wind energy into the more polluted countries such as us, china, etc. to clean it up

Immediately! ....well maybe you taking this issue lightly. It's a process like anything else it will take some time. The first step is to educate the public about it ....until you can achieve that you won't go anywhere. Not every one knows that their can choose to go with wind energy through Con Edison.

Here how it works ...let say in your community 50% of the population gets their electricity through Nuclear energy. Another 30% from coal, 15% from steam and the last 5% from wind energy ...that is a total of 100%. However, as more people in your area request from Con Edison to have their electricity switch to wind energy the 5% become 10% and now the 50% become 45% and so on.. you follow. That is how it will happen ....it's not an immediate occurrence. If we serious about change then we must inform others about it .....the public must take part if we want change. If We stay stagnant then nothing will happen. I'm not getting paid for promoting this but I feel as though it is my civic duty to inform anyone I can. Thanks for your comment brother ....please help out if you can.

source : http://china.lbl.gov/china_renewable-wind.html

On February 28, 2005, the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) of China passed a comprehensive renewable energy law which advances a number of policy measures to promote renewable energy development in China. The law goes into effect on January 2006. (English Translation of Law)

Green Electricity Purchase for Wind Power in Shanghai

On June 7, 2005 the Shanghai Economic Commission announced that twelve enterprises in Shanghai have voluntarily purchased green electricity at a price 0.53 yuan higher than that of conventional power. This marks the establishment and actual operation of China's first green pricing program. So far, Shanghai has established a 3.4 MW wind farm in Fengxian District. Another 20 MW wind power installation in Chongming and Nanhui will start operation the end of June. The first batch of green electricity purchased by the twelve enterprises will be equal to 50% of the power output from Fengxian, Chongming, and Nanhui wind farms.

It sounds lile a great idea, but the only major problem is cost, and the fact that it takes massive amounts of wind turbines to generate enough energy to be a sole energy source. Not only that, but it would most likely cost more in NY than anywhere else simply because the city of New York alone uses more electricity than anywhere else on earth. Good idea: Yes Probability of large scale use before 2016: Expensive, and unlikely.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/ene_tot...

Actually ENY ......New York it the 5th city which uses the most electricity. The first is Texan, second California, third Florida, fourth Ohio then New York. You looking at it in terms of population but you're neglecting the conditions that causes people to use electricity. I think if you draw a relationship between the weather condition with cities, you'll come to your own conclusion.

As for renewable energy such as solar, wind and geothermal Oakland, CA is up by 17%. New York City is out of this one. What does that say about us ... we not involve as a community. We need to do more ...Con Edison is leading the way. Let show interest by signing up to have our source of electricity switch. It will cost us a little but it will worth every penny. Let's do it for our young ones.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/ene_tot...

Actually ENY ......New York it the 5th city which uses the most electricity. The first is Texan, second California, third Florida, fourth Ohio then New York. You looking at it in terms of population but you're neglecting the conditions that causes people to use electricity. I think if you draw a relationship between the weather condition with cities, you'll come to your own conclusion.

As for renewable energy such as solar, wind and geothermal Oakland, CA is up by 17%. New York City is out of this one. What does that say about us ... we not involve as a community. We need to do more ...Con Edison is leading the way. Let show interest by signing up to have our source of electricity switch. It will cost us a little but it will worth every penny. Let's do it for our young ones.

I thought when it was broken down by individual cities, NY used the most.

I think its a GREAT idea that we should help "clean up" after ourselves. However, I do not think that wind power will help at all. Although it cleans up our AIR, we still have MAJOR problems to fix that might doom earth such as materials dying, loss of clean water, and overpopulation.

I think its a GREAT idea that we should help "clean up" after ourselves. However, I do not think that wind power will help at all. Although it cleans up our AIR, we still have MAJOR problems to fix that might doom earth such as materials dying, loss of clean water, and overpopulation.

If you do not think that wind power will help at all then something wrong with your reasoning. Maybe you think backward ...I don't mean no disrespect but from what you said it seems so ...lol. I thought the cause of plant dying was due to pollutant...I guest you learn something new everyday.

It's not going to work unless we have an economic incentive to start using wind energy as an alternative. It's already quite expensive, despite the fact that it's environmentally safe. Right now, the most economically efficient fuel is petroleum, which is why it's so widely used, even though it's destructive to the environment. Free-market solutions, not government mandation, are the key. By making alternative energies more cost-efficient, we'll have a libertarian solution to the environmental issue (two ideas which don't normally go hand-in-hand, at least in the political realm).

Alright Sebb, I appreciate your comments but we have a problem here. Your statement has too many claims that are not supported by any facts. If you want me to take you serious, you have to back up your statement by providing reliable sources.

You stated:

"It's not going to work unless we have an economic incentive to start using wind energy as an alternative" First you presume the only incentive that will cause people to purchase wind energy will be an economic one. You said that without providing a margin that shows comparable differences in price among the energies.

You stated:

"Right now, the most economically efficient fuel is petroleum, which is why it's so widely used, even though it's destructive to the environment." I want proof man ....otherwise it's just she said he said.

You stated:

" Free-market solutions, not government mandation, are the key" That part I'm not sure I understand it right.

You stated:

" By making alternative energies more cost-efficient, we'll have a libertarian solution to the environmental issue (two ideas which don't normally go hand-in-hand, at least in the political realm)"

Well as of know, they is somewhat of a barrier to entry facing wind energy in the industry. A low cost strategy is not feasible right now. However, has more people move towards wind energy it will become less expansive. Wind is a natural source of energy, it will be cheaper to distribute as oppose to steam energy source which requires fuel to produce. As of now wind energy practice a focus strategy since its market is narrow.

First you presume the only incentive that will cause people to purchase wind energy will be an economic one. You said that without providing a margin that shows comparable differences in price among the energies.

What other incentive do you think would encourage people to use alternative energy, besides an economic one. Nobody is going to switch to wind just because it "sounds good".

It will increase the percentage of electricity in America. It will help stabilize electricity cost. It will create a lots of jobs, it will generate revenues for farmers in the rural areas. The above mentioned are benefits. However the incentive will come from educating the public about the future benefits for a better future. Smart and intelligent people care about the future of their kids, so investing an extra 50 cents in their bill for the initiation process is not so much of a big deal. Beside, as more people in the east moves towards wind power it will become less expansive. A good example is California ...there are a lots of wind turbines in Cali. It's going to happen here too. they is no doubt about that....it's just a matter of time.

The statement below are from Con Edison Web page.

"Deregulation in New York now enables consumers like you to help make a difference by choosing the type of power you purchase. Not only can you choose your own electricity supplier, but you can also help maintain a healthy environment for your children and the people of New York, by choosing GREEN Power or WIND Power."

http://www.conedsolutions.com/gp/default.asp

Please educate your self on green energy and make it your utility source. Invest in the future of our children by investing in green energy.

Archived