R68a Subway set

I meet Mike Wolf this September in the hobby shop at Aberdeen. He told me that the R142A comeback is progress. He won't tell me anymore though.

Just a little side note: I knew Mike for years, I remember I met Mike Wolf for the first time in Maryland at the MTH headquarters and he was so kind enough to give me a sneak peak of the R17 Graffiti train a few months before it's release. Then in Febuary he emailed me a picture of the ALP-46 prototypes just about a few hours before they hit Facebook. I use to write a letter to him when I was middle school with suggestions. He took only one sugesstion I made was for a rerun of AEM-7s and "ALP-44s" (Dressed up AEM-7s) and the ALP-46 engine. He wrote back and told me that was good idea and at the time they were experimenting with it's german cousin the BR 101 and making a ALP-46 would be easy since the shells are almost identical. Sorry for blabbering on, I'm a MTH nerd. =)

• 2 weeks later...
I heard Lionel's R30s are shipping as we speak. As for MTH, I think we might see something in 2011 Volume 2.. Don't quote me though.... A source through a source, said maybe another R142A run... Im going to get at least 2 more 5 car sets, and extra add-ons. The 142s are almost impossible to find today. I hope they do it for a different route though. An updated (5) Train would be cool.

Zach

A another R142...A Im surprised there's not much difference between the two.If anything I could see them making a R143 subway car, one of the newest MTA fleet.

Archived