R68a Subway set

No 75' NYC Subway Cars exist in the O Gauge Market today.. If MTH or Lionel were too make any 75' cars, they would require I would say a minimum of an 0-72 to 0-81 Curves... The 60' cars, like the slants work on 045 and higher, but a 75' car would need really big curves...

From what I have heard, an plans for another O scale car would be and older car. People I know who worked with MTH and Lionel say that a D Type may be next.

No, I wish they can make an R38 already, I would be happy if lionel made an R32, I know MTH made one already, but If linonel made one, it would be much better.

No, I wish they can make an R38 already, I would be happy if lionel made an R32, I know MTH made one already, but If linonel made one, it would be much better.

Well, that's what I have heard. MTH made 2 sets of R32s and I doubt that either company will make an R38. The people who have the money to buy these sets have expressed an interest in older cars that's most likely what will be made.

I updated my R40 set wit newer signs and it looks good.I was going to buy the R42 set from MTH but i dont like the way it looks the 1970's version and the up to date version somthing about dosent look right , and a newer R40M with end gates would be nice I would say like MTH vs Lionel cuz MTH for the most part makes realistic car(S)

The D-type triplex I will welcome with open arms! I wish they would also make the experimental fleet like the bluebird, green hornet, multi, or zephyr. Any and all would be cool. I have the standard ABs and they are great. They wasted a chance by rereleasing the Low-Vs. I agree with Zach that a premier version of the R42s would be nice. However the R44/46s and R68s would require a minimum curve of O54. i have longer cars that easily and smoothly handle this curve. I do hope that they make the 75' cars soon. Many have asked for them.

• 1 month later...

I think if you wanted a r68a take 2 mth silver r42 cut off the cab ends of 2 cars and the blind end off one paste the two cabs to the body push out the end doors to were the doors space is lined up with the bulk end and shave off some of the corrugation on the sides and just fill in the end lights and add vertical head lights casted parts.there you go a mth railking r68a. but thats just what i would do.:P

I heard Lionel's R30s are shipping as we speak. As for MTH, I think we might see something in 2011 Volume 2.. Don't quote me though.... A source through a source, said maybe another R142A run... Im going to get at least 2 more 5 car sets, and extra add-ons. The 142s are almost impossible to find today. I hope they do it for a different route though. An updated (5) Train would be cool.

Zach

• 3 weeks later...

Archived