NYCT Bus Questions

Orion

6712 Orion VII HEV in West Farms Depot with Baisley Park sticker.

6731 Orion VII HEV in Lafayette Avenue @ 2:48PM Weekdays.

875 New Flyer C40LF CNG in Throggs Neck

911 New Flyer C40LF in West Farms Depot + Throggs Neck + Lafayette Avenue

912 New Flyer C40LF in West Farms Depot + Throggs Neck + Lafayette Avenue

What are these buses doing here?

291,292,293,294 Orion V's, why don't they have S50 EGR? From 100-316 is all EGR except these. They also seem to have a different transmission and the sound the Orion VII CNG with ZF transmission makes when shifting to 4th gear (not all of them on the 7.501 is audible). Why is this?

416,444 Orion V's, why do they have S50 EGR when 400-580 and 610-679 all normal S50 (usually with screeching belts).

6097 and 6128 also have S50 EGR Muffler tips but that's not really much of a problem to me...

Anyone knows what is going on??

Throgs Neck = below the 6 train near/at Tremont Avenue.

Lafayette is the road the Bx5 runs on, it's like 2-3 blocks below Bruckner. The C40LF always turn on Lafayette and White Plains and go to Bruckner.

Also C40LF can be seen at Harding Avenue and Pennyfield and Tremont Avenue (check the end of the Bx40 route).

Most of the time it's NIS buses, and sometimes it's Training buses.

Throgs Neck = below the 6 train near/at Tremont Avenue.

Lafayette is the road the Bx5 runs on, it's like 2-3 blocks below Bruckner. The C40LF always turn on Lafayette and White Plains and go to Bruckner.

Also C40LF can be seen at Harding Avenue and Pennyfield and Tremont Avenue (check the end of the Bx40 route).

Most of the time it's NIS buses, and sometimes it's Training buses.

So I assume WF is getting C40's

6707 Orion VII HEV from Amsterdam (or was it Baisley Park, too far to see) Depot was seen in the same areas as the C40LF's. I see all these buses with other MTA workers in them usually.

Also Orion V CNG was seen by Stevenson High School, the sign at the back was stuck to Q65. It also had a whine from the turbo, but I forgot the number. MTA is really confusing me.

And MTA Bus hotline will be changed into NYCT hotline IIRC, NYCT must be taking over.

6696 is now in West Farms Depot parked. Also by Monsignor High School near a new Home Depot, there is always 2-6 Hybrids parked across the street from it.

If there is a God, he would force WF to send that bus to KB.

I heard that there are some C40LF's at KB as well. I guess it's for mechanic training

610 = 1995 O5 CNG transit

611-630 = 1995 diesel suburban

631-680 (note how it does not end at 679) = 1996 diesel transit.

Now. 416 and 444 have S50s like the generation in the 1993 series O5s because I guess it was either to experiment or because both buses blew the engine and they couldn't find any replacements besides the type found in the 1993 series.

6097 and 6128 have 1993-type exhausts probably because they blew their original engines.

And you, Queens Blvd Exp: No blaspheming in here!

610 = 1995 O5 CNG transit

611-630 = 1995 diesel suburban

631-680 (note how it does not end at 679) = 1996 diesel transit.

Now. 416 and 444 have S50s like the generation in the 1993 series O5s because I guess it was either to experiment or because both buses blew the engine and they couldn't find any replacements besides the type found in the 1993 series.

6097 and 6128 have 1993-type exhausts probably because they blew their original engines.

And you, Queens Blvd Exp: No blaspheming in here!

Thanks for the info! I never seen 680 in my life so I thought it didn't exist. :)

5080 RTS with a ZF transmission was in the Bronx, how odd is that? It was NIS most likely, since the driver was driving REALLY fast (5th gear still flooring it, also was empty), too fast for a bus driver going through Training (they're usually terribly slow). I wish I could find my camera though, I think I lost it on the bus or something. :eek:

Lol, hey at some point MTA is going to have to send KB some Orion VII's and better now than later. Those 400-600's aren't going to last much longer. saw 555 broken down today. About 50 hybrids wouldn't be so bad, would it? Btw what happened to BP's hybrids that NYCT has to give up some?

Isn't Monsignor H.S. near Zerega? That would explain why you keep seeing Hybrids and C40LF over there. Probably getting repainted. Considering that the recent bus moves haven't made much sense, I wouldn't be surprised if 5080 was heading to a Bx Depot. Which one depends on where you saw the bus at.

A recent move that surprised me was 1089 from Quill to KB. Spotted today on route Bx2. Fresher than Artics that have been at KB for a while of course. Still I wanna ride a 52xx/53xx/54xx Level II to see if KB/GH have actually done anything to really fix those buses.
Ohh yes they did! 5499 used to have a low rear suspension, that's fixed. 5400 sounded old, but then II made it sound new, but now it whines 1 month after being II'd. 5414 is fixed, I remember hearing screeching belts from this bus and that roar sound, but it's fixed. 6115 was the biggest fix from Gun Hill Depot IMO. It used to whine loudly (sounded cool) but the engine seems brand new and faster too! Also it has a blue stripe at the back, but the black part is now white, all that's there is 6115, no MTA logo or NYC Bus decal.

9846 had it's hood open at Jamaica, but not for tune ups, they seemed to have opened it for better air flow to cool it off. Pretty cool IMO.

Lol, hey at some point MTA is going to have to send KB some Orion VII's and better now than later. Those 400-600's aren't going to last much longer. saw 555 broken down today. About 50 hybrids wouldn't be so bad, would it? Btw what happened to BP's hybrids that NYCT has to give up some?
KB really don't take care of buses much, expect the Hybrids to become Hycrap pretty quickly. WHY DON'T THEY FIX THE ANNOYING SCREECHING BELTS?!!?!? :) (Or any depot for that matter).

I've also seen 3714, it idles much higher than any other hybrid I've ever heard, and just like many of the Hybrids with LED, it sounded really good. It whistled like a 2003 D60HF at higher RPM's.

It's funny how 7700 was recently (VERY recently) repowered and now it has a death tick. Alot of Orion VII CNG's are ticking, although I don't like this bus anymore (performance wise, half the time sounds good and always looks good), it is not helping that they are ticking like a taser. 120,000 miles and I can name some off the top of the head (4 tickers today). 7700, 7800, 7753, & 7766. There's more, it seems as though the Allison B500R ones don't tick at all, and are more reliable. Not one broke down on me or ticked (that I've seen) but lots of them whine, I love the sound (especially 7663).

Lol, hey at some point MTA is going to have to send KB some Orion VII's and better now than later. Those 400-600's aren't going to last much longer. saw 555 broken down today.

I broke down Saturday with a 600 series. It took them almost 3 hrs to get to me as they had another 600series KB bus and a West Farms CNG bus to work on at 179. I killed 3 trips Staurday. Today another 600series and a West Farms CNG bus was broken down around the GWB area. I broke down across the street from 126st depot. The 6000series are great here. They are quiet (don't rattle alot). The 400-600series only have a great engine. Other than that, they are garbage on wheels. I'm surprised they haven't literally fall apart yet, while being driven.

I broke down Saturday with a 600 series. It took them almost 3 hrs to get to me as they had another 600series KB bus and a West Farms CNG bus to work on at 179. I killed 3 trips Staurday. Today another 600series and a West Farms CNG bus was broken down around the GWB area. I broke down across the street from 126st depot. The 6000series are great here. They are quiet (don't rattle alot). The 400-600series only have a great engine. Other than that, they are garbage on wheels. I'm surprised they haven't literally fall apart yet, while being driven.
And thier AC's leak alot, had a lake just splash on me today. Forgot the number but it was an Orion V with a Detroit Diesel Series 50 EGR from Casey Stengal on the Q44.

the 6000's are good expect when it rains. I was on 6270 one day and the entire ceiling was dripping.

Why doesn't the head of KB Depot or whoever has some say at the depot over bus assignments, try and get some O7's? I can't be that hard to beg for something made this millienium.

Well they do have 2003 New Flyer D60HF's. B)

Today a D60HF was on the Bx41! Not just any D60, it was 1089 with a depot logo with a light skinned face on it, I don't know that depot yet. I know it's in Manhattan though. I saw this bus on 238st @ 4:00PM.

Well they do have 2003 New Flyer D60HF's. B)

Today a D60HF was on the Bx41! Not just any D60, it was 1089 with a depot logo with a light skinned face on it, I don't know that depot yet. I know it's in Manhattan though. I saw this bus on 238st @ 4:00PM.

That is the Michael J. Quill Depot which was originally the Westside Depot.

Isn't Monsignor H.S. near Zerega? That would explain why you keep seeing Hybrids and C40LF over there. Probably getting repainted. Considering that the recent bus moves haven't made much sense, I wouldn't be surprised if 5080 was heading to a Bx Depot. Which one depends on where you saw the bus at.

I think Orion is talking about Monsignor Scanlan HS. Yes, it's just east of Zerega. Its actual address is 925 Hutchinson River Parkway, but it's on the corner of Brush and Lafayette.

Believe me, I'm more than a little familiar with it.... B)

5080 was on Tremont Avenue turning left into Bruckner, then heading Westbound. They are not getting repainted, I see either 875, 911, 912, and 6696, 6707, 6712, and 6731 (one C40LF and Hybrid) every weekday! Seen 911 AGAIN today going fast (6th gear still being floored), it sucks that they always catch me on suprise. These spottings have been like this for a about year or maybe more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYp5zPQXtvs

That's one with a crap camera without sound, but you see the C40LF 911.

5080 was on Tremont Avenue turning left into Bruckner, then heading Westbound. They are not getting repainted, I see either 875, 911, 912, and 6696, 6707, 6712, and 6731 (one C40LF and Hybrid) every weekday! Seen 911 AGAIN today going fast (6th gear still being floored), it sucks that they always catch me on suprise. These spottings have been like this for a about year or maybe more.

That's one with a crap camera without sound, but you see the C40LF 911.

So the C40's are in revenue sevice in the Bronx? I'm still confused as to whay they are up there.

So the C40's are in revenue sevice in the Bronx? I'm still confused as to whay they are up there.
Your guess is as good as mine, next time they're parked somewhere I will ask what is this doing here lol...

Or if someone here can do it for me. Psssh yeah right. :P LOL jk

• 3 months later...

Sorry for bumping a thread but this is serious, can anyone send me a PM if they EVER see 7748 ASAP, I need to track that bus down pronto...

Also anyone has any idea if #7560 2002 VII CNG is still roaming around in JG?

Sorry for bumping a thread but this is serious, can anyone send me a PM if they EVER see 7748 ASAP, I need to track that bus down pronto...

Also anyone has any idea if #7560 2002 VII CNG is still roaming around in JG?

I saw 7560 on the B11 a few days ago.

Archived