Appellate Divison awards MTA Workers 3% raise..

RTOMan

As well as a cut back on the health care benifits, that i wonder about since that was negotiated...

Im sure this is going to go well with the general publics opinion.

Now PLEASE Remember people the (MTA) as well as TWU agreed to arbitration and this was part of the arbitrators decsion.

Anyway heres the Link have at it people.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/12/15/2010-12-15_a_big_win_for_mta_workers.html

They ended up doing the belt tightening they had to anyway, one way or another. This forced them to look inward at the supervisory and management level for a change, instead of hourlies (and I'm not talking about just hourlies covered by TWU, but all hourlies that work for the agency). If they got their way, all those supervisors and inept managers they let go would still be here. There still some left of course, but at least some are gone.

The courts did not rule what the compensation package should be, all they did was to rule that the decision of the arbitration panel is to be enforced.

Don't read any more into this.

Of course, and I don't think anybody is doing that either. All that was said is that "binding" arbitration is in fact binding.

Archived