Qm1, qm5, qm6, qm7 & qm8

gtNovaBusRTS9369

if anything they should have ordered a small RTS (30 feet version) back when Nova bus was still producing them and use those in late night service off peak hours at the most. Yes,Rush hour Express service is definetly justified on QM1,5,6,and 8 routes; Manhattan bound 6:00 A.M. TO 10:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. Queens bound.Midday(1,5,and 6)service should some way either be combined via a shuttle to 188th street and then sending an MCI to Midtown or limited to similar weekend service on the QM5 via 188th street and 64th Avenue (loop) to cover the QM1 pickup stop.

Instead they eliminated routes Q75 and Q79 crosstown service.Atleast the Q75 fed to a subway line(Jamaica F)and the Q79 fed to the L.I.R.R.I realize they were not that heavily utilized, but atleast as much as QM5 and 6 are during off peak Manhattan and Queens bound.

"

1-Would running a smaller bus or shuttle really save that much money? The real cost is putting a B/O behind the wheel and having the run in the first place. The fuel savings between bus types is really not that great to make any substantial difference. As for the loop idea (i.e. basically getting rid of the QM1 itself and just having the 5 and 6, if I understand you correctly), that may have some merit, though you would still need to cut the number of runs for any savings, which is a suggestion I am disinclined to agree with.

2-THe Q75 and Q79 were never actually filled to capacity, and hence the overall cost was enormous. The QM1/5/6 has so many full runs that the costs balance out, as I posted earlier, and it is only the overall cost that is most important.

The MTA has checkers that come out every few months to Main Street or Utopia Parkway and ask each EXP B/O how many people are on his or her run. It's not like the MTA is unaware of how many people use the line. If it was really that expensive and under-utilized, it would have had much more serious cuts this past June, regardless of how many people complained. If the MTA feels something should be cut, the board does it.

After I left my barber, I got the 17:20 BM3 at Emmons and Shore Blvd. I got Downtown at about 18:02 and caught the 18:14 X1. I was home before 20:00. I doubt I could've did that with the subway. If you time things with the express bus, it can be way faster than the subway.

You need to get a barber closer to your home.

You need to get a barber closer to your home.

I've been going to this Moroccan guy for years when I was living back in Sheepshead Bay. I have curly hair and he does an excellent job. In fact I've probably been to just about every barber in there and everyone knows me. I've been going there since I was 14 or 15... It's nice going down there because I get to see the old neighborhood and relax on the express bus and I have friends down there too from high school. Plus there's a Shop and Stop that I still use from back in the day... Good deals... :cool:

Archived