Might You Try The New Easy Pay Xpress MTA MetroCard?

EE Broadway Local

According to this M.T.A. page the new Easy Pay Xpress MTA MetroCard refills automatically and has 2 options:

The Pay Per Ride gives you the 15% bonus (you open your account with $45.00 and you receive $51.75 value).

With every refill, you continue to earn the 15% bonus

The Thirty Day Unlimited Easy Pay Xpress MTA MetroCard is $89.00 and with your first swipe you may ride any many times as you like on local buses and on the subway.

Link to page: http://www.mta.info/metrocard/EasyPayXpress.htm

According to this M.T.A. page the new Easy Pay Xpress MTA MetroCard refills automatically and has 2 options:

The Pay Per Ride gives you the 15% bonus (you open your account with $45.00 and you receive $51.75 value).

The Thirty Day Unlimited Easy Pay Xpress MTA MetroCard is $89.00 and with your first swipe you may ride any many times as you like on local buses and on the subway.

There was a thread on this before. The problems are as follows:

1. I want to control when I refill my card.

2. The MTA offers several different Metrocards, yet they only offer two different Metrocards for this option, so for those who don't use these cards, why would they sign up? :)

3. As I stated on this topic before, straphangers should be able to refill any card online and have control as to how and when they refill it and not the MTA. When they do these things, then I would consider using this online service, which will hopefully arrive with the new smart cards.

Part of the thing is that you don't know if the farebox took off a fare or transfer, since I believe the display just says "PASS". It's nice to know that an additional fare was deducted so you can try to fix the problem (I believe there is a way to mail it in and they can give you a refund for the extra fare. If nothing else, you can ask the driver for an extra transfer)

Look again, bro. They just updated the page. Now, the bonus for the Xpress MetroCard is 7% and the 30 Day Unlimited costs $104.

Archived