I never knew a train can have signal trouble

Abba

Current Service Status / Subways-BDFM

Posted: 01/09/2011 1:39PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to a train with signal trouble at the Broadway-Lafayette Street Station, uptown (D) trains are running on the (F) line from the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station to the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station.

Please expect delays in service on the (D) trains at this time.

Never knew that a train can have signal trouble too!

Yes, a train can easily have signal trouble thereby delaying it.

Train comes to a red signal, CC tells him to key by and the stop arm doesn't go down, happened to me a few months ago causing a substantial delay in service.

Rockaway flats during the blizzard before the third rail got buried: stop arm needs a channel to go down into. With 2 feet of blowing snow coming down, the "channel" get filled up, it has to be cleared out so the stop arm functions properly.

Let's not belitttle some intern here. Yes, trains DO have signal trouble.

Yes, a train can easily have signal trouble thereby delaying it.

Train comes to a red signal, CC tells him to key by and the stop arm doesn't go down, happened to me a few months ago causing a substantial delay in service.

If you have the go ahead cant you just get out and step on the arm?

I did, it wouldn't stay down due to an air rupture. I was instructed to hook it down, but the hook was stuck and it took me a long time to dislog it.

Add to it poor radio communication in the area.

I hear that, I was just wondering if control was preventing you from doing that.

Archived