MTA eyes halting some subways during storms, particularly in Bronx, N, F, B, Q in South Brooklyn

Shortline Bus

Have The 1 Train Go To 145th Street The 2 Train To 137,148 and, Or 149 Grand-concourse,3 TRAIN TO CROWN HEIGHTS VIA BROOKLYN EXP OR FLATBUSH AVENUE,4 TO 149TH ST AND BROOKLYN BRIDGE BOWLING GREEN ATLANTIC AVENUE AND LIMITED TRIPS TO FLATBUSH AND UTICA, 5 TRAIN TO 149TH GRAND CONCOURSE ON THE 2 AND 4 TRACKS AND TO BOWLING GREEN WITH LIMITED TRIPS TO ATLANTIC AVENUE AND CROWN HEIGHTS SO IT DOSENT GET IN THE WAY OF 3 TRAINS, 6 AND 7 NORMAL, A TRAIN TO 207 DYYCKMAN AND 168TH LIMITED TRIPS TO 145TH ST 57TH ST ON THE 6TH AVE LINE CHAMBERS ST AND ALL TRAINS TO EUCLID AND Grant Avenue,B Train To Beford Park 145TH ST And Prospect Park All Times, C Extended To Dyckman and 207 All Times EXCEPT LATE NIGHTS,D 205TH ST TO 9TH AVENUE OR CONEY ISLAND VIA N TRAIN, ALSO TO BEFORD PARK AND LIMITED TO 57TH ST ASTORIA 179TH ST 145TH 168 DYCKMAN AND 207, E Train Extended To Euclid 12 Hours A Day Rush Hours To 145TH 205 168 AND DYCKMAN, F train To Jay St EUCLID BERGEN AND 179TH EXTANDED TO 145TH ST 205ST, G TARIN TO HOYT ST, J TRAIN TO BROADWAY JUNCTION AND ESSEX OR CHAMBERS OR BROAD OR EXTANDED VIA THE F TO ESSEX ST VIA CHRYSTIE ST CONNECTION, L TRAIN TO BROADWAY JUNCTION, No Service On Rockaway, Z No Service <4><5><6> <9> <A> <B><C><D> <E> <J> <L> <M> <N> <R> <Z> Have Service Like That Its All Good Lol

Don't Shut Down the <6>

:deadhorse:

Two problems here dude. You are not allowed to post excessive CAPS, or smilies. Both posts have been deleted. It's your responsibility to know the rules.

Or they could be like every other snow belt transit agency & run empty trains to keep the snow clear and maybe purchase diesel/3rd rail locomotives to go retrieve stuck trains in the worst storms, during warm months you could have the new locomotives on work train and rescue duty.

- A

Or they could be like every other snow belt transit agency & run empty trains to keep the snow clear and maybe purchase diesel/3rd rail locomotives to go retrieve stuck trains in the worst storms, during warm months you could have the new locomotives on work train and rescue duty.

- A

Hey Metsfan how would you feel if you were among the riders stuck for 8-hours on that (A) train during/right after the post X-mas Blizzard 2010?

Again if it's that bad of a snowstorm or a hurricane in the summer/early Fall train service should stop period at least to elvated and outdoor stations.

Not talking 'moderate snowstorms i.e less than 6 inches.' Safety comes over a handful of people trying to get to work.

- A

They actually use to do that. I didn't even know they stopped....

Hey Metsfan how would you feel if you were among the riders stuck for 8-hours on that (A) train during/right after the post X-mas Blizzard 2010?

Again if it's that bad of a snowstorm or a hurricane in the summer/early Fall train service should stop period at least to elvated and outdoor stations.

Not talking 'moderate snowstorms i.e less than 6 inches.' Safety comes over a handful of people trying to get to work.

The subways have ran fine in 12+ inches of snow before. This time everything failed because the (MTA) decided to plan for a 1-3 inch storm instead of the 18-20 inch storm that the weather services predicted (didn't put in the appropriate plan, everything went to hell).

Btw, that "shut 'ish down" thing the agency proposed was nothing more than a dog and pony show to make it look like things have changed. This agency is too full of shit to know whats best.

They actually use to do that. I didn't even know they stopped....

The subways have ran fine in 12+ inches of snow before. This time everything failed because the (MTA) decided to plan for a 1-3 inch storm instead of the 18-20 inch storm that the weather services predicted (didn't put in the appropriate plan, everything went to hell).

Btw, that "shut 'ish down" thing the agency proposed was nothing more than a dog and pony show to make it look like things have changed. This agency is too full of shit to know whats best.

Nova i was out of the region during that now infamous blizzard. However you right the (MTA) did screw up. Yes they have ran train service in 18-20 inches before. However that storm had winds of close to 70 mph guts as well the same as a Cat. 1 Hurricane. So IMO service to outdoor stations should have been suspened until the storm ended.

Nova i was out of the region during that now infamous blizzard. However you right the (MTA) did screw up. Yes they have ran train service in 18-20 inches before. However that storm had winds of close to 70 mph guts as well the same as a Cat. 1 Hurricane. So IMO service to outdoor stations should have been suspened until the storm ended.

The wind did not help (in fact, the storm probably wouldnt have been nearly as bad had it not been for the winds). If things turned out differently and the (MTA) did their job on 12/27, I probably would have been saying something completely different. But I'm not 100% convinced (Im 60%. 40% has to see what would happen in Plan 4 before being convinced) that shutting service down could help.

They should shut down the Dyre Line and provide free shuttle bus service,shut down Sea Beach line in one direction making the (N) via (D) so more trains on West End and shutdown the West End in one direction making the (D) run via the (N).It'll make trains run closer.

IMHP if any transportation gets shut down then it should be the buses. Buses can slip and slide or at best lose traction and get stuck.

A train has a much lesser chance I would think, of anything major happening.

I understand what happened with a few trains during that Christmas storm, but wouldn't that be the exception rather than the rule?

Just one man's humble opinion.

2ExpressLED.gif

Archived