Science: What Makes People Stupid?

Citaro

Dude, that is no "American Chart" or something else, that is an republican stupidity chart, so i needn't a European chart to show you that i'm not trying to bash America in an American forum.

[/img]

And here I thought this Thread was about the Science of what makes people stupid,I didn't think it was about American voter IQ's of republican and Democrat's

Next Citaro when you make a topic don't mislead everyone in the forum.

Charts don't illustrate anything and are filled with artificial statistics. I'm no anarchist, but I seriously hate America's politicians. They're all the same, and the ones that most people like are removed from the job in some way...

WTF are you talking about? What do you think charts are for? The charts in this thread are pretty damn entertaining, not to mention accurate.

And here I thought this Thread was about the Science of what makes people stupid,I didn't think it was about American voter IQ's of republican and Democrat's

Next Citaro when you make a topic don't mislead everyone in the forum.

I guess you may want to read all the links before you comment then...... Its not really misleading at all. However, reading is fundamental!

WTF are you talking about? What do you think charts are for? The charts in this thread are pretty damn entertaining, not to mention accurate.

I guess you may want to read all the links before you comment then...... Its not really misleading at all. However, reading is fundamental!

True about the fundamental part but read the title ''Science: What Makes People Stupid?''and here I thought it was about why people are stupid I didn't think it would be about American Voters that's it,but again that falls in to that category as well sadly.

But about the foreign voters that elect there presidents and foreign politicians, are they stupid as well in other Country's?

Believe what you want.

True about the fundamental part but read the title ''Science: What Makes People Stupid?''and here I thought it was about why people are stupid I didn't think it would be about American Voters that's it,but again that falls in to that category as well sadly.

But about the foreign voters that elect there presidents and foreign politicians, are they stupid as well in other Country's?

Thats why you have to read the articles as well. The science is in the reading and the charts.

To answer the last part of your question, yes to our foreign counterparts and near equally as ignorant. I like that word better than stupid.

Believe what you want.

My motto is to believe non of what you hear, and half of what you see. Fortunately this chart can backed by 54 different sources that I can think of off the top of my head. So if I chose to ignore even 27 of those sources, that would qualify me to just move right on over to the ignorant non-educated section.

Also, the majority of the people who voted for Obama, based on what I know, are the young, facebook and twitter crowd. Many of those people watch reality TV and not do not know who Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Joe Biden or any of these political figures are.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck are not "political figures." They are talking heads. Get your facts straight.

What Citaro does not understand is that voting Democrat will get us into a wannabe utopia where our rights and freedoms and fun are sacrificed for "the greater good" and the general appearance of safety and health in a nanny state.

What Citaro does understand is that the Republicans will let you have those things, but they will make sure that you have no money to enjoy them by allowing the corporations to take it from you first.

Again, neither political party in this country gets it. But the question is, DO YOU?

What Citaro does not understand is that voting Democrat will get us into a wannabe utopia where our rights and freedoms and fun are sacrificed for "the greater good" and the general appearance of safety and health in a nanny state.

What Citaro does understand is that the Republicans will let you have those things, but they will make sure that you have no money to enjoy them by allowing the corporations to take it from you first.

Again, neither political party in this country gets it. But the question is, DO YOU?

That being said, even though neither party really gets it, voting Republican is usually never a good idea unless you are rich, and or greedy, and really couldnt care less about true American Values, or anyone other than yourself.

That being said, even though neither party really gets it, voting Republican is usually never a good idea unless you are rich, and or greedy, and really couldnt care less about true American Values, or anyone other than yourself.

But is voting Democrat so much better when they want an energy tax that will cripple corporations and allow their friends at the investment banks to speculate in a new currency?

Or when they want programs that ban "unhealthy" content in food and beverage that a perfectly healthy person like myself has been drinking for a quarter century with no negative effects because I take the time to care for my body? Now I've got to drink the cat piss they call V8, or pay more?

That's no better. Just different heads of the same f***ugly monster.

But is voting Democrat so much better when they want an energy tax that will cripple corporations and allow their friends at the investment banks to speculate in a new currency?

Or when they want programs that ban "unhealthy" content in food and beverage that a perfectly healthy person like myself has been drinking for a quarter century with no negative effects because I take the time to care for my body? Now I've got to drink the cat piss they call V8, or pay more?

That's no better. Just different heads of the same f***ugly monster.

Are you a libertarian? I'm social democrat, member of the german SPD party: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democratic_Party_of_Germany

Are you a libertarian? I'm social democrat, member of the german SPD party: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democratic_Party_of_Germany

Whatever he is I can't say I disagree with his view points. The sad thing is its slim to none of a chance we'll ever see someone who DOES get it and isn't afraid to show it running this country.

Libertarians are horrible. They believe in letting the country's corporations run amok. I am self defined. I believe in the individual liberty of citizens, which is their birthright, the witholding of American rights from those who are here illegally, and the strict regulation and trustbusting of large corporations and the profiteering which accompanies their high officers...the profit motives that destroy social classes and render millions of Americans every year to the modern day equivalent of indentured servitude to make ends meet and service the debt they were encouraged to take out by the powers that be.

In other words, I am a conservative (not a Republican) who understands that some social programs are necessary to keep people afloat and give everyone a fair chance, but wants those who cheat the system to get ahead to be publicly slaughtered for maximum effect, their property taken, and used for the common good. And under no circumstances should rights be taken from the people or given to corporations to benefit profit motives.

I believe in a strong dollar, "walk softly and carry a big stick" foreign policy, non intervention but a strong military "in the wings", and a strong sense of national unity and pride from the globalists who believe in the so called "one world government of the future."

The world is made up of too many different people who hate each other and will always hate each other. I am a realist who recognizes it is best to segregate those people into many different countries to allow each citizen of the world to choose which country best suits their needs, and to have minimal interdependency between nations as it only increases the need for war.

I believe every American should be American, not a hyphenated American, and put America and her future ahead of all interests, including the so called ones "back home." Anyone who does not is a traitor to this nation the same way I would be if I moved overseas and continued to support the American agenda.

Domestically I believe in strong law enforcement, infrastructure, and the development of a real economy. I don't care for banking and profiteering. If you can't see it, you didn't make shit. Banking is political gamesmanship to make a phantom accounting profit that detracts from the real economy in the name of a social warfare that has been going on for 30 years. Banking is bullsh*t. Lloyd Blankfein (CEO of Goldman Sachs) should be shot between the eyes and dragged behind a bus (oh infamy!) from California to New York while every real American throws rocks at him.

Real Americans believe in individual responsibilty. Not the cultist, "when you succeed the corporation suceeds, when you fail, you failed" BS. That means good or bad, individuals are responsible. No frivolous lawsuits, not the TA because you got drunk and hit by a train, or the power company when you climbed on to power lines and decided to see what happened when you bit them.

Call me Teddy Roosevelt, but I hate the shit I see, and I'm tired of seeing it. And I'm not going to buy foreign or vote for anyone who thinks we're doing the best we can, because they're either an idiot, or a d*ck head who's getting money to stand in front of a camera and say that.

Mr. Roosevelt is rolling in his grave at the state of the country as it is right now

And Mr. Roosevelt, or someone like him, is EXACTLY the kind of person we need to run in 2012.

If the Republicans were to nominate Olympia Snowe of Maine (unlikely) she's just about the only politician I'd consider voting for with any emotion other than reluctant acceptance at this point.

Obama has disappointed what he claimed to do on so many levels. Sorry, but it's just the way it is.

Libertarians are horrible. They believe in letting the country's corporations run amok. I am self defined. I believe in the individual liberty of citizens, which is their birthright, the witholding of American rights from those who are here illegally, and the strict regulation and trustbusting of large corporations and the profiteering which accompanies their high officers...the profit motives that destroy social classes and render millions of Americans every year to the modern day equivalent of indentured servitude to make ends meet and service the debt they were encouraged to take out by the powers that be.

In other words, I am a conservative (not a Republican) who understands that some social programs are necessary to keep people afloat and give everyone a fair chance, but wants those who cheat the system to get ahead to be publicly slaughtered for maximum effect, their property taken, and used for the common good. And under no circumstances should rights be taken from the people or given to corporations to benefit profit motives.

I believe in a strong [...]

Call me Teddy Roosevelt, but I hate the shit I see, and I'm tired of seeing it. And I'm not going to buy foreign or vote for anyone who thinks we're doing the best we can, because they're either an idiot, or a d*ck head who's getting money to stand in front of a camera and say that.

Ok, i don't like conservatives in general (nothing personal), but i understand how you think and i respect it, but i can not respect Gleen Beck and the tea party movement.

And Mr. Roosevelt, or someone like him, is EXACTLY the kind of person we need to run in 2012.

If the Republicans were to nominate Olympia Snowe of Maine (unlikely) she's just about the only politician I'd consider voting for with any emotion other than reluctant acceptance at this point.

Obama has disappointed what he claimed to do on so many levels. Sorry, but it's just the way it is.

Agreed, Obama is a disappointment, but i hate how the tea party sells its lies about him, that he is Hitler and that bs. I rather support Obama than the Republicans. The best way would be to found a real social democratic party like we in Europe have. Progressivism is too weak. "Yes we can" is not enough.

Ok, i don't like conservatives in general (nothing personal), but i understand how you think and i respect it, but i can not respect Gleen Beck and the tea party movement.

Agreed, Obama is a disappointment, but i hate how the tea party sells its lies about him, that he is Hitler and that bs. I rather support Obama than the Republicans. The best way would be to found a real social democratic party like we in Europe have. Progressivism is too weak. "Yes we can" is not enough.

The Tea Party are not true conservatives. They are corporatists and "the worst of the worst". They had the potential to be something in their infancy but they were bought by the corporations and blinded by hatred for Obama so now they represent the pro-religious pro-big business fringe of the extreme right which is not welcome in my eyes.

I am a fiscal conservative. Seems there aren't too many of those around any more. Many Republicans claim to be but their actions dictate otherwise. Most Democrats are overreaching do-gooders who fail to remember why they were elected in the first place.

The Tea Party are not true conservatives. They are corporatists and "the worst of the worst". They had the potential to be something in their infancy but they were bought by the corporations and blinded by hatred for Obama so now they represent the pro-religious pro-big business fringe of the extreme right which is not welcome in my eyes.

I am a fiscal conservative. Seems there aren't too many of those around any more. Many Republicans claim to be but their actions dictate otherwise. Most Democrats are overreaching do-gooders who fail to remember why they were elected in the first place.

Ok, you are a neocon (compassionate conservatism) and neoliberal nearly like our german conservatives, but in Germany conservatives are more left than the american Democrats. Even the most corporatists-friendly party here (FDP 4%), supports universal healthcare. All left parties together have currently 56% here, the conservatives just 35%.

By the way, i'm a right-wing social democrat and my ideas are similiar too yours:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_model

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Way_(centrism)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_market_economy

LATEST NEWS: Obama bouncing back. A new NBC/WSJ poll puts his approval rating at above 50%. He's at the highest level he's been since July 2009. Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41161439/ns/politics-more_politics/

Ok, you are a neocon (compassionate conservatism)

Sort of but not quite. I don't believe in the economics of Keynes like many do. I think he's an idiot who had a penchant for embellishing half truths to make them sound more profound than they were, and it is responsible for much of the bad monetary management of the last 50 years in this country.

LATEST NEWS: Obama bouncing back. A new NBC/WSJ poll puts his approval rating at above 50%. He's at the highest level he's been since July 2009. Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41161439/ns/politics-more_politics/

As pathetic as this is, all it means is that the public liked his speech after what happened in Arizona. Bush's ratings were never higher than right after 9/11 either.

Sort of but not quite. I don't believe in the economics of Keynes like many do. I think he's an idiot who had a penchant for embellishing half truths to make them sound more profound than they were, and it is responsible for much of the bad monetary management of the last 50 years in this country.

I think Keynes works, but not as many think. I think recovery plans as part of keynesian economics don't work, but monetary policy and interventions into labor markets, because this has worked and people who say that it does not work often do not know that it has worked for them and that without that policy the economic situation would be more worse than currently. For example, we in Germany had a labor market recovery programm called "Kurzarbeit", which means that the government gives companies money to hold the employees during the economic downturn. Because of this programm our unemployment rate is the lowest for 20 years and nobody has to use this no longer, because it has helped the economy really fast out of recession. The growth rate last year was about 3% here. It has worked so good, that he gov. deficit will be lower than 3% this year. Monetary managment is needed, because nobody takes a credit if the interest rates are high during a crisis.

Archived