New Amtrak 40th Anniversary Heritage Fleet

gregorygrice

We all know it's the 40th Anniversary for Amtrak, and they have decided to paint a could of P42s and also have a Heritage tour

Here's the New 40th Anniversary Heritage Fleet!

P42 #156 Phase I paint

P42 #66 Phase II paint

P42 #145 Phase III paint

P42 #117 Phase IV paint

They will also have a P40 (#822), an F40, three baggage cars, and an Amfleet food service car for a Museum Train that will begin touring in May

The black doesn't look bad even tho I would of like to see a video of F40 in this celebration.

The F40 hasn't come out yet. I eager to see it too. Hopefully its a working F40 and not one of the ones that were converted to baggage/Cab cars.

Sorry for the double post but I just read that the F40 being used will be an actual working one that has been saved in one of amtrak's Yards!

"On May 7, a 40th anniversary exhibit train will debut for National Train Day in Washington, D.C. The anniversary exhibit, which will travel across the country for a year, will feature two locomotives with historic paint schemes and renovated baggage cars to display memorabilia such as vintage advertising, past menus, dinnerware, period uniforms and photographs from each of the past four decades. In spring, a website will be launched with historical information, anniversary event schedule, photo archive and videos."

http://www.progressiverailroading.com/news/article/Amtrak-announces-40th-anniversary-activities-adds-Cascades-WiFi-service--25672

Here's some more photos I found on the internet:

1224_1296454842.jpg

I have a feeling the F40 maybe 406.

You were right! Here's the full dsetails I just recieved:

Display Train is planned as follows

F40 # 406 control unit and the 822

Display cars 10093-94-95 ex 1222,1228,1856

and 85999 ex 85004 stored Bistro car.

No details as to paint scheme for the display train.

• 2 weeks later...
It was on the Sunset Limited and it split a truck in half killing the driver. The damage to the engine included the plow and the engineer side ladder were damaged. It's still in L.A. Here is more from this site.

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35234

The unit is seen here, on the "Sunset Limited" (train #1) in Los Angeles on February 20th, 2011

http://rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2414235

There's another video of 406 being rebuilt and you can see P40DC 822 painted in the same PHIII heritage scheme as 145.

Well, thats a disapointment.

Your thinking of 231. this one was rebuilt and painted to PHIV then stored I think at Bear for sometime.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived