Service Alert F and G train

Abba

Posted: 02/04/2011 11:18AM

MTA Service Notice

Due to signal problems at the Bergen Street Station:

(F) train service is running on the (D) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station in both directions

There is no (G) train service in both directions between the Church Avenue Station and the Bedford-Nostrand Avenue Station.

As an alternate customers are advised to use B3, B4, B6, B9, B11, B35 and B82 buses to nearby (:P and (Q) trains. Customer can also take B57, B61 and B67 buses to downtown Brooklyn and transfer to(A) ,(C) and (F) trains at the Jay Street-Metro Tech Station.

Please allow for additional travel time.

Guest lance25

I have to give a thumbs up to the people handling the service alerts notices. Usually when a line is FUBARed, they'll give riders the middle finger and tell them to figure out how to get to their destinations on their own.

P.S., The situation has since been resolved.

Guest lance25

At the time of the disruption, no there wasn't. As of currently though, all (F) and (G) trains are running normally (or as normal as they can get).

Is that what happenend to you? How long were you stuck?

I was stuck for about 1 hour before my train was able to key into Bergen St. There was also a sick passenger on the train, a guy who passed out and hit his head only 5 minutes into the hour we were stuck. When we got into Bergen, EMS was still not on scene and Command Center didn't know that we were stuck between stations for a good 20 minutes.

I was stuck for about 1 hour before my train was able to key into Bergen St. There was also a sick passenger on the train, a guy who passed out and hit his head only 5 minutes into the hour we were stuck.

How'd he hit his head?

Archived