MTA Board meeting 2/2011: BxM2 route change & TWO bus orders

w8Hou

This month's agenda... main points:

BxM2 routing change, northbound only. Instead of running on 96th Street transverse in Central Park, it will now run on 79th Street transverse, just to increase ridership serving Upper East Side.

PDF Pages 54-58

Non-competitive bus orders to be approve: Page 51-53

MTA is set to approve Orion and New Flyer bus contracts (40ft, clean diesels only).

Orion Bus ($40.3 million contract)

- 2 pilot buses to be schedule deliver in September 2011. Delivery begins October and December 2011.

- 75 buses standard configuration, 15 buses will be customized... (technical details) = 90 buses

Then there some odd explanation:

"There was significant adverse information concerning DBNA (Daimler Bus North America)'s parent within the meaning of the All-Agency Responsibility Guidelines. However, senior management approval is being obtain to continue to do business with DBNA and its affiliates barring any new significant adverse information. The contract will not be issued unless and until such approval is obtained."

>>>Clearly there is really something with this contract, I really wonder why?:tdown:

New Flyer ($29.2 million contract)

- 2 pilot buses scheduled to be delivered in July 2011. Delivery begins August - December 2011.

- 75 buses standard configuration, 15 buses will be customized... (technical details) = 90 buses

Then there some odd explanation:

"In accordance with Public Authorities Law 1209, paragraph 9, this contract will not be awarded earlier than 30 days from the date on which the authority declares competitive bidding to be impractical or inappropriate."

>>> Don't mess it up, New Flyer. :)

On both contracts, this weird sentence document:

"NYCT has a commitment to prioritize NY content in its rolling stock purchases that will be reflected in future procurements for any buses that become qualified. It is our hope and intent that as more companies become qualified there will be more manufacturing jobs in New York State"

>>> New Flyer *may be* want to set up business in New York? They might as well get Gillig or El Dorado or even NABI to come here as well.

Other minor news:

- Prevost will be awarded for the Parts on the new Prevost's 90 bus order.

- LIB's Mineola Intermodal Center CIS contract upgrade... just fixed the info on the tv screens.

Thats all from this months agenda

see the pdf: http://mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/110217_1045_bus.pdf

On the routing aspect, I always felt that the BXM2(I admit I only been on it a few times I been on the BXM3 alot more)does not need Sunday service.

I am fully aware of the high # of eldery and ADA residents that live there.

Riders in West Riverdale(along Riverdale Ave.)and SPUYTEN DUYVIL don't need '2' full time 7-day a week express bus service to/from Manhattan. IMO those BXM 2 riders on Sundays can either take the BXM1 and transfer to a crosstown bus. Or use the BX7 to 168th/Bway and use the (M2) (M4) (M5)to get to Midtown.

Even Staten Island only has '2' Manhattan express routes the X-1 and X-10 that operates 365 days a year. Yet Riverdale/Marble Hill has '3' express lines that runs 7 days a week.

Or yes that area of the Northwest Bronx is politically connected.:P

Archived