Fantasy map.....in progress

Bus Guy

Whoa, the font it's WAYYY too small, I can't read anything. Can you upload a full size image?

Tis the reason why people hate photo bucket. Is there a host that doesnt resize? I attempted to print the whole thing out full size and it cover about 9 pages lol

You are correct about that however NIMBY's on Staten Island oppose the NYC Subway on their island. Some of them do though, but you can't defeat those NIMBY's therefore light rail is the last option.

Sorry to steal your thread a bit Bus Guy, but I have to prove a point.

5477555461_472c5a15fc_b.jpg

where did you get that map?

okay i made a fantasy map showing what subway service in staten island would look like. none of these lines would be connected to the trunk lines in manhattan or brooklyn. to identify each line identity keys go as follows:

blue line: (H) sea shore line or eastern shore line

red line: (9) north shore and west shore line

green line: 70(CC) south jersey bayonne line

teal line: 70(SS) central island line

light green line: 70(GG) staten island malls line

purple line: 70(AA) south jersey central staten island line

yellow line: (W) st george line

brown line: (Mx) great kills line

statenislandsubway.png

of course this is all fantasy and not meant to realize something that could happen. i made this out of my own creation using subway bullets that are not used anymore. i think its a good creation. i have not put the stops or terminals/transit centers in yet. i plan to revise this and repost it again.

What the hell is this?. Is this some sort of drawing made by some sort of 4 year old kid. I see lines running everywhere. Where does it go? Where do they end. You need to stop foaming now.

That's not even the baddest thing. If he'd at least included stations, then it would already be better.

At least if you look at my Staten Island map it makes some sense, and it goes where places go, and where people would need it. His map is just some map drawn by a 4 year old urban planner who thinks it's cool to draw lines to go to places that don't need more then several lines.

At least if you look at my Staten Island map it makes some sense, and it goes where places go, and where people would need it. His map is just some map drawn by a 4 year old urban planner who thinks it's cool to draw lines to go to places that don't need more then several lines.

I fully agree with you.

What the hell is this?. Is this some sort of drawing made by some sort of 4 year old kid. I see lines running everywhere. Where does it go? Where do they end. You need to stop foaming now.

its just a sketch i have not put the stops or terminals yet. its just a rough sketch of what it would look like.

okay heres the same map but with the stops. i added stops and terminals as well as transit centers they are small and might not be able to see. i will also post the stops by word in another post when i find the locations of the stations. until then its just the routes and stops.

statenislandsubwaymodified.png

Still no actual stop names, but this is really, really bad. I'm sorry to say.

For instance, what the heck is that weird green line from SI to Jersey, back to SI, once again to Jersey and then via a long, long line back to SI? Doesn't make any sense to me.

The purple line could happen though.

The red line also has a weird routing and it has stops in the middle of nowhere? The blue line on the other hand has less stops while it goes through a more suburban area. What sense does that make?

Even more useless: the shuttle. Does SI even need a shuttle? And if so, then you gave the shuttle waaaay to many stops. It's not even a shuttle with that many stops.

I give this a E minus.

This coming from the foamer...

Besides if you noticed on my map I used real streets, and used real highways so it won't interfer with traffic, and I send the lines to places where it's needed. He's running it onto neighborhoods where houses, and shops are, and his Staten Island Mall station is located in the center of the mall.

Still no actual stop names, but this is really, really bad. I'm sorry to say.

For instance, what the heck is that weird green line from SI to Jersey, back to SI, once again to Jersey and then via a long, long line back to SI? Doesn't make any sense to me.

The purple line could happen though.

The red line also has a weird routing and it has stops in the middle of nowhere? The blue line on the other hand has less stops while it goes through a more suburban area. What sense does that make?

Even more useless: the shuttle. Does SI even need a shuttle? And if so, then you gave the shuttle waaaay to many stops. It's not even a shuttle with that many stops.

I give this a E minus.

the green line that goes to jersey passes through a heavy suburban area where alot of people.

the purple line i understand why it would never happen.

the red line makes some stops in the industrial are of staten island and maybe there is 2 or 5 stops on the edge of nowhere

the 70(SS) line is not a shuttle its just a regular line the thing is there where no other bullets to choose from so sorry for the confusion

the blue line would go underground through parts of the eastern shore where buses can not access. you see theres the regular line that goes more through the center of the island but theres hardly any kind of transit to the suburban are on the shores near great kills. i still do not know whether it has to little stops or to many. but i think it passes through some areas that are served by buses. i made it to serve the great kills park area which barely is touched by buses. but i think your right. i give the map i H+ thats the grade it deserves

Archived