New employee for 05-12-08

Rob0922

Hi all, I start training at Zerega Avenue next Monday, 05/12/08. Are there any pointers I can get before I report?? Anything that I should know?? After training, I am hoping to be able to get into the Jackie Gleason Garage on 39th Street and 5th Avenue in Brooklyn. I heard that it is a very good deopt. Any feedback would be very much apprerciated.(MTA)

Hi Rob. FIRST, I have a question to ask you. What list did you come off of? 2801 or 5025?

Now, Your first day is orientation. They lecture you the whole day, and you fill out more paper work.

Usually the next day you start driving. Advice on driving; I would say this. GO SLOW!!! I mean like turtle speed slow. As if your going so slow that an old lady walking beside the truck would go faster than you.

If you drive VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY slow, the rest will come.

(MTA)I came off list 5025. I was on Medical hold for 2 1/2 months. They were investigating an accident that I had 9 years ago where the medical records did not exist. I waas sent to Neurologists, I had to go for an MRI etc.... They were finally satisfied I was ok so they cleared me.(MTA)

I have been warned, Both hands on the wheel, do not hit a curb, stop at least one full car length behind the car ahead, under NO circumstances use a bluetooth for cell phone, wide turns at EVERY corner. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE MIRRORS or they will look to get rid of you!!!! Is there anything else I need to know???(MTA)

I have been warned, Both hands on the wheel, do not hit a curb, stop at least one full car length behind the car ahead, under NO circumstances use a bluetooth for cell phone, wide turns at EVERY corner. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE MIRRORS or they will look to get rid of you!!!! Is there anything else I need to know???(MTA)

Nope, that's it.

Archived