White r16/27/30's?

pelhamlocal

Were white r16/27/30's real? i saw some in beat street but i never saw any pictures of them in actual service.

As far as I know, only IRT cars on the Pelham and Flushing lines were ever painted white in the late 80's

R16s cannot run on the IRT as they are too long. As for weight I don't know much about that cause if you go back in time to the 1940s or 1950s the Hi-V Gibbs weighed 89,500 lbs. which was 3,000 lbs. heavier then the R16s. Who ever told you R16s ran on the IRT is either someone who lives in a fantasy world, doesn't know the difference between R16s or R17s, or is a foamer. The only BMT/IND cars that were painted white were the cars that were in that video I posted. That was it. Cars on the BMT/IND were either in the race stripe paint scheme laced in graffiti, green, red, or silver. P.S. silver color applies to stainless steel cars only.

Don't forget the R10's in the WF colors.

img_49038.jpg

the R30's where painted in a deep dark green color

the R27's where painted in a bright red color

and the

R17 where painted with the race stripes scheme

those are the colors i have seen on them

please correct me if i am wrong

Ye, but those where the original schemes, they were long gone by the 80's which is the time period being talked about here.

No R30s were ever painted green unless your talking about when they were first delivered. The only cars that were green during the 1980s were the 110 R10s, 12 R33s, an R17, and R21. Now when delivered the R30s were Forest Green like R16/21/22/26/27/28 cars were. Only 24 R27s were ever painted in the red bird paint scheme unless your talking about the 1960s. In the 1960s the TA painted R16/27/30 cars solid red. They even gave the same treatment to 10 R10s cars. You did get the R17 part right though.

thats what im saying when they were first brought here the R30's were green and the R17's ive only seen them in there original race stripe scheme i have not seen them in the '80's color scheme. and the R27 red paint scheme must have gotten the time wrong because i did remember seeing in old pictures many R27's painted in a bright red scheme. which earned the famous trains the name REDBIRD am i right?

if i have made a mistake correct me if you can

Archived