Toyota tells U.S. plants 'prepare to shut down'

St Louis Car 09

Since the earthquake/Tsunami almost two weeks ago,It has plunged Japan's industry in turmoil;and its sending rippling effects across the globe and Toyota is the prime example as Toyota of Japan is sending memos to its North American facilities of a possible shutdown due to damaged parts factories in Japan for Vital models such as the Camry,Sienna,Matrix etc.Other automakers may feel the pinch including GM.How bad can this get? And can this affect the railcar industry as well as others?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/23/autos/toyota_us_plant_shutdown/index.htm?hpt=T2

I hope Toyota, Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infinti make it though this. Maxima, Prius, Supra, Tundra, third gen Acura TL FTW!!!

I admit, I was a Toyota Tundra hater as I'm a big time Chevy/Dodge truck foamer, Ford makes great trucks too but their owners are arrogant IMO... well the ones on YT at least. Here's a video not made by me of a Japan product in better times...

Fifteen years ago, you had a Toyota for every damn customer imaginable - Corollas for people that needed a gas sipper, 4Runners for people that needed to carry a lot of crap, Camrys for the 25/55s that were 55, Tundras for those that needed a truck but didn't want to compensate for lack of reproductive organ status, and Supras for the douchebags.

Had they not stopped making sports cars (MR2, ST4 Celica, Supra), I think they'd still be good... that gas pedal bullshit was just a giant ploy. You mad, US foamers?

Since the earthquake/Tsunami almost two weeks ago,It has plunged Japan's industry in turmoil;and its sending rippling effects across the globe and Toyota is the prime example as Toyota of Japan is sending memos to its North American facilities of a possible shutdown due to damaged parts factories in Japan for Vital models such as the Camry,Sienna,Matrix etc.Other automakers may feel the pinch including GM.How bad can this get? And can this affect the railcar industry as well as others?

http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/23/autos/toyota_us_plant_shutdown/index.htm?hpt=T2

In a sense there no such thing as an "American" or "Import/Japan-made' cars anymore since the world's big automakers use parts from all over the world to bulid their cars/trucks and other vechiles.

With that said, it not a surprise this diaster in Japan would have a huge negative impact on the global auto industry and thus the world economy as well.

Archived